Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new here! I just bought my Soul about a week ago from a used car dealer (not the dealership) so I am hoping someone here can help me out.

My center back seat, the seat belt latch is just poof not there.

The driver's side rear seat belt is fine.

The passenger side rear seat belt is fine-- although the latch is turned around, it's not marked as the "center" so I'm not sure what's going on there.

The center back seat belt comes over from the back, not from the top, but it is hooked up and good to go-- But in the space, the hole in the seat where the latches go, there is only one seat belt latch there.

I have tried feeling around, finding the bolt underneath, trying to see from the hatch if I could find anything, folded the seat down, etc etc, and I can't find the other seat belt latch!

Has anyone else had this happen? Is it possible it was removed somehow? Or is it just stuck under there in some weird angle where I can't find it? And if so, how do I get to it?

I know there is probably some incredibly obvious answer so I apologize in advance. I'm just stumped.

·
Registered
2014 White Exclaim Tallahassee, FL
711 Posts
First off...Welcome! :)

There was a recall for the rear center seatbelt latch for some model years of 2nd gen Soul. Maybe a dealer performed that recall on yours and never returned it back to its place and it's buried beneath the cushion or something. See this thread for info on the recall: Rear seat belt recall?

And for reference, info on the rear center seat seatbelt: What is the extra buckle on the middle rear seat belt...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!
I will have to find a dealer to take it to and ask them to find it for me. If it's there, it's wedged in so well I'm guessing they'd have to pull the seat out to get to it.
I doubt I would ever have anyone in that middle seat, but since mine doesn't have the pull-down cupholder I've bought one that you can just belt in. That's when I noticed the latch was missing.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Either it is in there with the old stale popcorn, sticky pennies and such,
or you have entered the Twilight Zone.

I suppose it could be broken or defective. Doubtful though.
Put on your rubber or other glove and stick your hand in there.
Ewww! :p

·
Registered
333 Posts
Also, find a friend or backyard mechanic to locate it. A dealer may charge you an arm & leg for this Service.

Reactions: Roy B

·
Registered
2014 Kia Soul RedZone
166 Posts
Removing the rearseat is not complicated,
Just youtube it.
Betting you'll find the seatbelt under the seat,
Or confirm it has been removed from the car.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I saw a seatbelt buckle on skid row, looked like it was down on its luck so I gave it a few bucks. I asked it what was wrong and it said that it ran away from home because it was always locked in an extremely hot car and the only attention it ever got was when someone wanted to shove something inside of it.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts