Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting a complete new audio install on my 2017 Soul+. It looks like the wiring on the stereo is different this year. Everywhere I look it shows 2017 the same as the last few years but that is not the case. Has anyone seen this or have an idea of where to get the correct harness or wiring information?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Where I look it isn't exactly the same. Prior radios were from the Infinity division, it shows the radio is now from the Harman Kardon division. It's also possible the radio is controlling or reporting on more things in 2017 and the connections had to be changed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After talking to the guys from Crutchfield we figured out there is a new harness coming out. It is the 70-7306. Good news is it keeps OEM backup camera. For now I figured out the speaker and power wires and was able to hardwire those. Once the new harness is out I'll get one for the other functions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It came with the base radio. I knew I would swap it out first thing so didn't want anything extra. From what I understand though they all have the new connections but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found the wiring pin out in case anyone else comes looking for it. I was able to wire in the OEM backup camera. I just connected to power for the camera to the ACC wire (camera needs 12v, not 3.3v). For the signal wires I used an old RCA plug and spliced it in.

Connector A
1 Rear left speaker (+)
2 Rear left speaker (-)
3 USB Ground
4 USB Data (+)
5 USB Data (-)
6 USB VCC Illumination (+)
7 Camera video
8 -
9 -
10 AUX Audio right input
11 AUX Detect
12 Steering wheel remote controller
13 Front left speaker (+)
14 Front left speaker (-)
15 Front right speaker (-)
16 Front right speaker (+)
17 -
18 -
19 -
20 Camera ground
21 Camera VIN ground –
22 -
23 -
24 AUX Left input
25 AUX Ground
26 Steering wheel remote controller ground
27 Rear right speaker (-)
28 Rear right speaker (+)
29 -
30 -
31 -
32 -
33 Camera VIN shield
34 -
35 -
36 -
37 -
38 -

Connector B
2 MIC (+)
4 Detect
5 Remote antenna
6 Illumination (+)
7 Multmedia-CAN (High)
8 -
9 -
10 Battery (+)
11 Battery (+)
12 Ground
13 Ground
14 MIC (Ground)
15 MIC (-)
16 Ground
17 Neutral_Gear switch
18 -
19 Illumination (-)
20 Multmedia-CAN (Low)
21 -
22 ACC
23 -
24 -
25 Reverse signal
26 Door open
27 Door unlock
28 Parking brake
29 "P" Position
30 Auto light
31 TCU Type (M/T GND)
32 -
33 IGN1
34 -
35 -
36 -
37 -
38 -

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The wiring harness for USB and aux in are the same as previous years. I used it instead of splicing the wires.

·
Registered
14 Posts
After talking to the guys from Crutchfield we figured out there is a new harness coming out. It is the 70-7306. Good news is it keeps OEM backup camera. For now I figured out the speaker and power wires and was able to hardwire those. Once the new harness is out I'll get one for the other functions.
Did they tell you when it is coming out? I have a new Android radio that I bought for this car... Ordered the other cables, only to find out that they didn't fit. And I don't want to splice the factory cables.

"Tengo una fiesta 🎉 en los pantalones" - Pancho Villa

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All they said was they received a test unit but it was not pinned out correctly. They are apparently working with Metra but he couldn't give me a timeframe. Looking around I couldn't find one anywhere. I gave up and soldered everything.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If I could get the pin block, I would match the stuff myself. I don't want to cut any cables because of the warranty. Apparently, these guys are very "sensitive" when it comes down to that.

"Tengo una fiesta 🎉 en los pantalones" - Pancho Villa

·
Registered
117 Posts
Where I look it isn't exactly the same. Prior radios were from the Infinity division, it shows the radio is now from the Harman Kardon division. It's also possible the radio is controlling or reporting on more things in 2017 and the connections had to be changed.
infinity is hamen karden is JBL they are all under the same umbrella, its all harmen karden group.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I found the wiring pin out in case anyone else comes looking for it. I was able to wire in the OEM backup camera. I just connected to power for the camera to the ACC wire (camera needs 12v, not 3.3v). For the signal wires I used an old RCA plug and spliced it in.

Connector A
1 Rear left speaker (+)
2 Rear left speaker (-)
3 USB Ground
4 USB Data (+)
5 USB Data (-)
6 USB VCC Illumination (+)
7 Camera video
8 -
9 -
10 AUX Audio right input
11 AUX Detect
12 Steering wheel remote controller
13 Front left speaker (+)
14 Front left speaker (-)
15 Front right speaker (-)
16 Front right speaker (+)
17 -
18 -
19 -
20 Camera ground
21 Camera VIN ground –
22 -
23 -
24 AUX Left input
25 AUX Ground
26 Steering wheel remote controller ground
27 Rear right speaker (-)
28 Rear right speaker (+)
29 -
30 -
31 -
32 -
33 Camera VIN shield
34 -
35 -
36 -
37 -
38 -

Connector B
2 MIC (+)
4 Detect
5 Remote antenna
6 Illumination (+)
7 Multmedia-CAN (High)
8 -
9 -
10 Battery (+)
11 Battery (+)
12 Ground
13 Ground
14 MIC (Ground)
15 MIC (-)
16 Ground
17 Neutral_Gear switch
18 -
19 Illumination (-)
20 Multmedia-CAN (Low)
21 -
22 ACC
23 -
24 -
25 Reverse signal
26 Door open
27 Door unlock
28 Parking brake
29 "P" Position
30 Auto light
31 TCU Type (M/T GND)
32 -
33 IGN1
34 -
35 -
36 -
37 -
38 -
Where did you find this pinout info? I would like to verify the source before i dig into my upgrade.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone know if some of the unlisted pins in the list above are used for SPDIF?

I'd like to send a digital signal to a processor if possible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That 707306 harness worked for me. I have an android unit and I spliced the key 2 wire into the green/orange wire that was connected to the connector for metra's third party steering wheel control unit. I also used this ebay item 272350979348 for the antenna. Thanks so much for the wiring diagram. My base model connector was missing some of the wires mentioned in the blocks. It didn't include the portion for the usb connector and aux cable. I had that left over from my old kia, just be aware that for whatever reason metra decided to be lazy on the usb connector/aux portion and you lose illumination.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts