Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I don't foresee any major chages.
Maybe just the usual grille,light positions etc.

Note the article uses the word COULD a lot.

The Soul is only in what,year 3 of the second generation.
A bit too early for any changes to lessen the value of the vehicle.

Several new colors for sure. Got to have a special edition too.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
The trailster is the most interesting will certainly fill a gap in the mini 4x4 market leaving the fiat/jeep with next to no sales and few for the Mazda .
Will probably have more robust trim to match off road looks.

Jeff

·
Registered
17 Posts
What is the odds of the Trail'ster being put into production ? I'm absolutely in love with the design but if it stays a concept then I'll consider modding my 2015 base after it

·
Registered
2020 Soul EX
62 Posts
The 1.6T engine seems likely given that other Kia and Hyundai models are using the same engine. Even better, how about combining the 1.6T engine with 4-wheel independent suspension for both more power and better handling.

I'd also like to see Apple Carplay standard or available as a low cost stand alone option. Hyundai is starting to offer Apple Carplay, why not Kia?

Kia Soul 2017 model year – possible new stuff!
Release date: summer 2016
Dealership arrival: summer 2016
Possible mid-cycle facelift to keep the exterior design fresh
1,6L T-GDI turbo engine could be added to the range
Dual clutch transmission – DCT to be added
New Soul exterior colors to be offered
Kia may launch a new 2017 Soul special edition model

- See more at: 2017 Kia Soul Release Date, Turbo Engine, Colors & News | Kia News Blog

·
Registered
2020 Soul EX
62 Posts
A few more spy shots

Recently caught undergoing testing in Scandinavia, the updated model is heavily camouflaged but we can see it will have a new front fascia with restyled headlights and modified air intakes. The Soul also gains a new rear bumper and updated taillights. Lastly, it appears the facelifted model will eschew the current car's fake front fender vents.
El facelift del Kia Soul 2017 se pone a punto en el frío de Escandinavia

2017 Kia Soul Facelift Gives Us a Closer Look As It Prepares for Cold Weather Testing in Sweden

2017 Kia Soul spied with a new front fascia

·
Registered
119 Posts
cant help but nottice those built in roof rails <_< damn you 2015 kia soul! why can you not come standard with them in the US :(

·
Registered
92 Posts
Concerning the Trail'ster, (been drooling with anticipation); I was sadly informed from a Kia Salesman that it won't be put into production soon, because they aren't able to improve MPG substantially to make it worthwhile, at this time. I hope he was misinformed :upset:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Kia Salesman aren't reliable sources. They have very little real insight into future models.

I'm surprised 3.5 months have went by since the initial spy shots and we still don't have anything regarding the interior. My personal wish list for the 2017:

-New, unique paint colors
-New interior color(s)
-1.6T mated to the DCT
-Updated front end with bolder grille and maybe ice cube style fog lights from other Kias
-Bring back the power folding mirrors and black headliner/pillars
-Retuned suspension for improved response and better NVH isolation

That's about it. Don't fix what isn't broken, but enhance what is there and strengthen the current-gen Kia styling cues. Sadly, if Kia carries on with the current powerplants I will have to upgrade to the Kia Sportage SX. As much as I don't need the bigger size, I want the increased performance of a turbo engine for road trips in the mountains.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife recently got the 2017 Sportage SX w/ that turbo. Man, it's very fast and very fun. :) I'm considering buying a Soul for commuting (~90 miles/day) to save $ on Dodge Ram lease -- debating taking a 2016 with incentives when the 17's come out, but if they offer that Turbo in 17, and tickle me in the right places, I may buckle and pay the man. :sneakiness:

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
just posted on Automative News today, nothing that we already didn't know except about the Soul EV (still no photo released of the tweaked 2017 yet)

Soul: Kia's No. 2 seller last year will get a new turbocharged model by year end when the freshened 2017 models go on sale. The turbo model will use the same 1.6-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine and seven-speed dual-clutch transmission that Kia and Hyundai use throughout their lineups. Look for light cosmetic upgrades for the whole Soul lineup. A redesigned model is expected in 2019 with the EV model dropping out in favor of the coming Niro line.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts