Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found some info about the 2017 Kia Soul. Also, there is a gallery of images showing the facelift and some new colors.

Note, this info is from South Korea so the details for North America may vary. Here is the link:

2017 Kia Soul Facelift Debuts in South Korea - autoevolution

Apparently, much more info will be released at the upcoming Paris Auto Show.

Well, what do you think?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
2017 gets Minus 5 points on the Front Face... Safety bumper in the Grill, and the fine mesh in it, make it to busy, and NON distinctive...
Note: I will wait till KIA gets the Balls to make this "SOUL" that will make me trade-in my 2014 with no regrets...!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I agree that the front end is not as nice. Even the rear end doesn't quite do it for me. I quite like the two tone interior it has though and that steering wheel.

Sent from my S7 Edge

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
I posted these on the Canadian 2017 info but will post here as its also relevant. These are photos of the 2017 in Korea, some slight variations could occur for US and Canada, so don't take as 100% accurate and also it will vary by model trim and in some case Special Edition models.

This is the Sport Steering Wheel that will be standard on the Canadian SX model which will come with the 1.6L turbo engine and 7-speed dual clutch transmission (that info I have to confirm it)

·
Registered
608 Posts
Sure hope the Orange comes our way. And...what's the deal with the TEDDY BEAR! Has it replace the Hamster!? Say it isn't so.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Wish they would come out with an AWD option for those of us in the snow belt.

Hope they keep making a base model with real, honest-to-God knobs for the HVAC and radio, and not those touchy-feely buttons. Give me a fan knob and a temp knob, just like my 2013 Base Automatic.

It's a shame when you look at current car brochures that almost every page is highlighting "New Technology!" Remember when there were entire pages (plural!) describing engines, transmissions, suspension and chassis, etc? Bring the car back from being a moving technology showcase and allow the driver to focus on driving, not just being "connected" with a hundred apps.

And get off my lawn!

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
a FWD vehicle with a good set of snow tires is superior in winter conditions to a AWD with season tires.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,613 Posts
Wish they would come out with an AWD option for those of us in the snow belt.

Hope they keep making a base model with real, honest-to-God knobs for the HVAC and radio, and not those touchy-feely buttons. Give me a fan knob and a temp knob, just like my 2013 Base Automatic.

It's a shame when you look at current car brochures that almost every page is highlighting "New Technology!" Remember when there were entire pages (plural!) describing engines, transmissions, suspension and chassis, etc? Bring the car back from being a moving technology showcase and allow the driver to focus on driving, not just being "connected" with a hundred apps.

And get off my lawn!

No kidding! Honda really screwed up with taking the volume knob off the radio in almost every version of their cars (not all, but most). It's a universally hated feature yet they keep doing it.....why??? Progress??

Oh, and shut that damn dog up :)

1 - 20 of 154 Posts