Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a base model 2017 kia soul(shadow black) and am having a hard time finding red trim/accessories to outline its frame. I only just found out about the RED ZONE. Is it possible to put red zone parts/trim on a base model?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Yes, but it will cost A LOT of money...unless you find the parts from a local junk/salvage yard.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there!
I have tried doing the same type of thing to my 2015 WHITE exclaim. Like Hank3 said, it will cost alot of money, even if the parts are still available. Remember that they (KIA) changed to a new generation (3). Anytime that happens they stop or slow production of certain parts.
The only way, I found, is to email your nearest kia dealership and let them know what you want done and have them quote you out and from that get the part numbers and search for them in Korea. I dont remember the parts website. I believe it was kmp trade. Kia used to have a dedicated site called tuon. Meaning tuning was on, I dont know why. Anyways that site is nowhere to be found and if it's out there it's in Korean. When I did it all the parts I wanted came out to be around 2k to 2500. I never ordered them. Maybe you'll have better luck. Let me know how it goes. Below are some pics of the red line I wanted to do.
tuon-new-skirt-soul-028-900x500.jpg
tuon-grille-soul-01-900x500.jpg
tuon-sideskirts-soul-026-900x500.jpg
tuon-rear-skirt-soul-027-900x500.jpg
tuon-sideskirts-soul-01-900x500.jpg
tuon-rear-skirt-soul-022-900x500.jpg
tuon-new-skirt-soul-026-900x500.jpg

·
Registered
542 Posts
The red zone was a very limited run model, I would imagine they would be slim pickings in the recyclers. Could try

Pat.
I think only 2000 for US and only 200 in Canada per year. Not all special editions had the body kit too.

I remember seeing dealership prices a few years ago of $349 to $389 USD per piece. The rear wing, the left side skirt, the right side skirt, the front lip, and the rear diffuser. So, almost $2000 for it all. Some people have recently found the color matched OEM wing for as little as $12 as long as it was not red or alien green. Not sure about the side mirror caps and tiger nose trim.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I recently purchased a 2016 Soul+, white with a red roof. I, too, had the idea to make it into a Red Zone. I inquired at the dealer about cost of the parts. I am an auto shop owner, so I get a considerable discount, 20 to 25%. I got a paint matched spoiler for a little over $200. I inquired about the rocker panels. They were over $700 each, my cost. I found some red vinyl tape (Tape Planet 3 mil 2" x 10 yard Roll Red Outdoor Vinyl Tape) and made my own version of the red rocker panels. In the near future, I plan to paint the parts of the front and rear bumpers to look like the Red Zone bumpers, but retaining the black paint on the bumpers. It will be my own version of the Red Zone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a base model 2017 kia soul(shadow black) and am having a hard time finding red trim/accessories to outline its frame. I only just found out about the RED ZONE. Is it possible to put red zone parts/trim on a base model?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts