Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm an owner of a 2016 Soul + bought new and am noticing some scratches and scuffs on the rear bumper from loading and unloading suitcases etc, also under the latch there are lots of finger nail scratches, kinda thought this would happen with this models shiny black bumpers. Is there any way of removing these scratches? Thinking of a bumper protector also any recomendations?
thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,076 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forums!

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Depending on how prominent the scratches. You could apply paint protection film to the shiny black parts and it will actually cover and hide all the scratches + protect it in the future.
If the scratches are deeper you could get some hand polish, polish them out first by hand and then cover the bumpers with paint protection film.

Without pictures I cannot help beyond that!

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I have Expel film on the hood, front bumper, headlights and mirrors, I also have top of the rear bumper covered where you are most likely to get scratches. I usually have this done within a day of picking the car up. On all the cars I have had it done I have had zero chips and scratches in those areas. It's not cheap to have them covered but preferable to having to have scratches and chips repaired. I much prefer the integrity of original paint. I also hate that even touching up scratches and chips they stand out no matter how good you are.

Pat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts