Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've scoured the internet trying to find the answer to this question. what are the differences between the gen 1 and 2 suspension? are there any other kia/Hyundai models that share a suspension with a gen 2 soul? I'm looking to buy a set of coilovers for my gen 2 soul and as I'm sure everyone here knows the market is slim

·
Registered
2017 Kia Soul SX Turbo Tech
9 Posts
There is a video on youtube of someone installing coilovers on there Kia soul 2014+ and they used the kit from SF racing, SF Racing Sport Coilovers - 2014+ Kia Soul (PS) <- actually made for 2nd gen souls (I know right!?). Here's the youtube video

I've seen 1 other kit in my searches from KDM tuners: KDM Tuners

I'm also interested in doing this to my 2017 soul, if you actually do this or order one please share, post, take pictures, I will do the same. Let's help each other out!

I've been patiently waiting for sxthelement to release there new Short ram intake, I cancelled my K&N order and now im regretting it 2 months later and still waiting for sxth I messaged them directly and they just said keep checking there social media, but there social media just keeps stringing me along, stay tuned end of march, stay tuned late April, stay tuned May????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually learned in a Facebook group that I was also searching for this answer to (from a guy with a 2017 completely slammed) that the only difference between a mk1 and mk2 suspension wise is that the mk1 springs are about half an inch shorter in the rear.

·
Registered
9 Posts
yeah, i'd say that's probably true. Have you had any luck with any of the facebook groups for aftermarket, even just helping to share pictures before and after? I tried to join one for Turbo soul owners, but either i'm not exclusive enough or the group is just defunked.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up finding H&R lowering springs with a 1.5" drop front and 1.3" im just going to put them on some bilstien shocks and run with those, I was only looking to get a 1.5 drop out of coilovers anyway so they will do just fine for my purpose. I know that godspeed, and Megan racing both make coilover sets for the mk1 soul that are nowhere near as expensive as the dedicated mk2 soul coilovers

·
Registered
9 Posts
What's the cost of a setup like that? The coilovers seem to range from about $900 and up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts