Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day I got gas from a store only got alittle bit. After that it started to hesitate and not want to go. So figured ok it's the gas. Well burnt through the gas now it's getting worse. Check engine light came on started to flash and not stop. I changed the spark plugs not the coils, then the air filter and it's still saying it's misfiring 1,2 and 4.
Do you think it's the coils? I'm on a budget and can't find any affordable coils right now and I need a car to get to work. Any suggestions would be much appreciated

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
The likelihood of 3 coils failing at the same time is pretty small. Clear the code, move the coils to different positions and see if it still misfires on 1, 2 and 4

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you have a code reader? Be careful as to throw parts at it as that will add up fast. Sounds evap related possibly purge solenoid supplying too much fuel but tough to tell.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,126 Posts
Is the gas cap on just to the first click?

Reactions: celronart

·
Registered
8 Posts
So the other day I got gas from a store only got alittle bit. After that it started to hesitate and not want to go. So figured ok it's the gas. Well burnt through the gas now it's getting worse. Check engine light came on started to flash and not stop. I changed the spark plugs not the coils, then the air filter and it's still saying it's misfiring 1,2 and 4.
Do you think it's the coils? I'm on a budget and can't find any affordable coils right now and I need a car to get to work. Any suggestions would be much appreciated
Mine did this and I wound up having to have it towed but it was still under warranty and KIA was EXCELLENT. Turned out it was the fuel injectors on a couple of the pistons. It was repaired at no cost to me and has run like a champ for over a year since.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,126 Posts
Mine does not "CLICK" at all.
Have you had a Check Engine light come on?

If it were me, I'd just buy a new gas cap from Kia, unless you are still under warranty, then a free one.

The "click" is so it keeps the correct pressure. Too tight & that pesky yellow light comes on.

Welcome to the forum. Glad you could join us!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is the gas cap on just to the first click?
View attachment 137646
Have you had a Check Engine light come on?

If it were me, I'd just buy a new gas cap from Kia, unless you are still under warranty, then a free one.

The "click" is so it keeps the correct pressure. Too tight & that pesky yellow light comes on.

Welcome to the forum. Glad you could join us!
Thanks for the response. No Check Engine Light. I just bought my 2016 Soul+ on July 20th, 2021. The cap never clicked since I've had it. I will call Kia to see if they have a replacement cap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
They have reasonable priced coil packs at auto advance stores if your close by one or even amazon has them as well as the OEM kia parts website

1 - 11 of 11 Posts