Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found that the license plate lamps do not light. The bulbs are confirmed as working and all other lamps works. Does anyone have wiring diagrams and locations of connectors related to the license plate lamps they can provide.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,478 Posts
Have you confirmed this with the headlights visibly on?

·
Registered
641 Posts
I have found that the license plate lamps do not light. The bulbs are confirmed as working and all other lamps works. Does anyone have wiring diagrams and locations of connectors related to the license plate lamps they can provide.

Here's the service manual in case you want to refer to it:

Kia Soul 2014-2019 PS Service Manual

·
Registered
2 Posts

Did you ever find the problem with your license plate lights? My daughter's 2016 Soul is having the same problem. Tail lights, brake lights and all other lights seem to work fine. Bulbs look good and I get no voltage with a meter in the connectors. thanks, rick...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Backup lights work?
I found her issue when I removed the license plate looking for access to the wiring harness. Last summer, somebody backed into her car in a parking lot and scraped a little paint on the driver side rear quarter panel. Apparently, the body shop disconnected the license plate light harness and failed to plug it back in. So, hers was an easy fix, after she came home from Texas A&M. Everything else worked just fine. That's why I was puzzled. Thanks for the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts