Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am new to the forum.

I have decided to purchase a new Soul + and looking for comments on the Audio Package option.
The only component for which I am considering this package is due to the larger 8in LCD instead
of the default 4.3.

Please send me your comments if the standard display is ok for the rear view camera or if the
Audio Package 8in is worth the extra expense.

I don't a GPS, nor the speaker, or leather steering wheel.
I only need 2 features:

-- Display for rear view camera
-- Apple CarPlay functionality.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
tester1
-

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Welcome. Cannot speak to the Apple Play, but the 4.3 inch, I find, adequate for back up camera use. However, given what I know today versus what I knew a few years ago, I would get the full up 8" system regardless. That is as long as the money involved is not a road block, which it often is. I find no difference between having the 8 inch speaker and having the standard system, but I am near deaf anyway :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
If the extra money is within your budget, I would say go for it. I love the 8" screen and the Audio Package. If money does become a problem then I think the 4.3 is okay and I wouldn't let that stop me from making a purchase.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
so you are simply comparing screen sizes, so is a 3" larger screen worth the $1800 extra, the value is there is you want it for what is offered in the package, but for what you want you don't have to pay extra.

I have the 4.3" screen with the UVO system, would a larger screen be better? - sure but it works fine for me, its nice and sharp and clear so it does what it's designed to do.

Only you can decide if you want to spend the extra money. Have you actually viewed the rear view camera display for the 4.3" screen?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just got my Titanium Soul + w/ audio package.
Love the 8" screen for the backup camera - don't really care one way or the other about the speakers or car play.

When I was shopping I found that configuring exactly the car/color/options I wanted on the Kia "build your own" website very difficult. And finding a car on a dealer's lot that met those specs without additional costly things I didn't need nearly impossible (searched 100 mile radius Seattle metro area). I don't think I saw one car with a backup camera and a 4" screen on either the build-your-own or on dealer inventory lists.

So I was lucky to find the ONE Titanium 2016 Kia Soul + w/backup camera (Audio Pkg) in the entire Western Washington area at Jerry Smith Kia in Burlington.

Moral of the story - unless you're willing to order a 2017 with options as close to what you want as you can get them and wait for delivery, you'll have to take what you can find on dealers lots as far away as you're willing to travel - with options as close to what you want as you can get them....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your comments and insight.

I will purchase eh 2016 + without the Audio Package. I was think of getting a Garmin Drive Assist or Rand McNelly OverDryve GPS that allows me to connect an additional wireless rear view camera and also provides some forward collision warning system. This in case I want a large display for the camera.

Also my any chance has anyone installed a blind spot sensor/detector in a Soul. I read somewhere that the Soul has large blind spot.

Thanks again,
tester1

Ref:
explore.garmin.com/en-US/drive/#product-driveassist
myoverdryve.com/]OverDryve by Rand McNally

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
You might want to start a new thread with these new questions, folks may have some info or insight to provide on these issues but not look at your first message since it relates to the radio, etc. Just a thought.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts