Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 kia soul with 60k miles wie was driving it and it dputtered and died on her after runing rough for a few minutes got it home no check engine light. runs rough at idle will not accelerate when you do get it to rev up your foot has to be to the floor and it will not hold it fill fall back on its face also weird thing brakes are really stiff
pulled air filter to check it no issue there swapped ingnition coils and checked all spark plugs all are good removed valve cover to check for damage to cams or valves no issues

my thoughts
could this be a catalityic coverter failing she had the recall done but wondering if they even checked to see if there was any damage when i took it in they were more worried about ching the brake fuild and trying to sell her no brakes that i just replaced then the fact that there was a zip tie holding wire connecters together
could this be a vacuum leak just cause of the brakes it kinda throws me off
any help will be much appreciated

·
Registered
291 Posts
That was how my 2015 base was. Turned out to be the in tank fuel pump. Also no codes at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i monitored my fuel pressure and all numbers seemed good what parts did they replace on it i dont just want to throw parts at it

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2016 kia soul with 60k miles wie was driving it and it dputtered and died on her after runing rough for a few minutes got it home no check engine light. runs rough at idle will not accelerate when you do get it to rev up your foot has to be to the floor and it will not hold it fill fall back on its face also weird thing brakes are really stiff
pulled air filter to check it no issue there swapped ingnition coils and checked all spark plugs all are good removed valve cover to check for damage to cams or valves no issues

my thoughts
could this be a catalityic coverter failing she had the recall done but wondering if they even checked to see if there was any damage when i took it in they were more worried about ching the brake fuild and trying to sell her no brakes that i just replaced then the fact that there was a zip tie holding wire connecters together
could this be a vacuum leak just cause of the brakes it kinda throws me off
any help will be much appreciated
Same problem turned out to be Purge Control Valve.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts