Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We bought 2016 Kia Soul 4 days back. It is Base automatic. We love it. The Bluetooth integration with my iPhone for making/receiving calls seem to work as expected. But playing Music sometimes doesn't.
I ran into couple of problems.

1) When Blue tooth media is selected, songs on my iPhone don't start playing some times. I pressed the select button on the right. I changed the mode to FM and back to BT. That didn't make difference. When I opened the Music app on iPhone, I saw it not playing. Once I clicked the play button, the sound came fine through Kia speakers.

This happened couple of times so far.

2) I was driving with audio from my iPhone playing. I used the volume button on steering wheel to reduce volume. Suddenly the sound stopped. The Music app on iPhone showed it is playing fine. From iPhone lock screen, we found that the volume was set to zero. Once I increased the volume on iPhone, sound came live in Kia speakers.

This happened couple of times once with my iPhone and once with my wife's.

I am wondering what the gotchas are to work around these issues.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
Welcome. Seemingly these seem to be common problems with both the IPhone and Android devices. I have never experienced them (I don't listen to music this way) but the few times over the years that I did have some hiccups I rebooted the phone and they went away.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
welcome, sorry can't help you as I have all my music on a flash drive and in the Jukebox, never have any problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts