Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's easy to overlook the Sorento as being just another mid-sized crossover offering, but give this Korean some credit it's not only a good crossover, but it walks into premium territory as well.

A modified platform, updated interior and refined exterior are the main changes, in addition to a newly offered turbocharged engine, which is found in our tester. A 2.0-liter unit like the one found in the top-of-the-line Optima that bested the VW Passat earlier this year, this engine makes 240 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque.

More: 2016 Kia Sorento SX Limited Review on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
Consumer Reports also rates this vehicle as the best SUV in the mid-size category.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
I have a 2016 Sorento EX. Like all four cylinders models, it has two row seating, only the six has the three rows. The EX comes with the 2.0 Turbo mentioned. It will out pull the six on the get go since it has much stronger low end torque than the six. However, at higher speeds it loses out to the six but it does get better gas mileage but not by much. The 2.4 was OK when I test drove it but it is not real responsive anywhere. The 2.0 will grab your breath on take off if you are not watching out for it. Anyway, it does suffer from the KIA trade mark: lousy fuel economy. None of them are great in that department but I can hold the stadium, both football teams and a camera crew in the back when trucking down the road. Best MPG I have gotten on the highway is 29. City driving in the snow during the winter (natch) is about 17; 50-50 summer is around 24.

I got a great deal on it but still damn near choked on the price. Coming up with 45K for the SX is beyond me or my imagination.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Got One

We bought a 2016 Sorento SX two days before I bought my 2016 Soul. The Sorento is a great vehicle! Excellent performance, great gas mileage (better than my Soul but a fair amount). Incredible amount of room. Lots and lots of technology. Excellent interior, very comfortable and attractive. I can't say enough good things about this car.

Reactions: Shaggy Wierdo
1 - 5 of 5 Posts