Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The check engine light on my 2016 Soul has come on for the THIRD time now. I have been told that Kia does not have a fix for this problem and after doing some research, it appears this has been on on going issue that Kia is supposedly researching. In the meantime, my car needs to be inspected and must pass an emissions test. If I am unable to get my car inspected, then I am not able to renew my tags. If I can't renew my tags, then I am going to be pulled over by the police and will receive a ticket for. Kia is refusing to help me with getting my car inspected. I can't keep going back and forth to the dealership as it is about 45 minutes away and I have a job that I have to go to EVERYDAY. I am thinking that my next step is probably going to be visiting a lawyer. Anyone else have this problem? At this point, I will never purchase another Kia.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tori, we have two 2016 Kia Souls, that both thrown this same code. The first time they told me it was carbon build up. The second time they said it was bad fuel. Now our second 2016 Soul is throwing the same code. We will face the same issues getting tags if this is not resolved by August.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My code was P050A on both vehicles. The dealership did a warranty replacement on the throttle body for my daughters car and charged me $400 to do a carbon clean etc on my car. I’m now fighting with them to replace the throttle body on mine which is also covered under warranty, but they are throwing a fit. No active code and KIA won’t do the warranty work. They’ve cleared the code twice on my vehicle :-(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts