Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The shocks and struts on my 2015 Soul base model are worn out. After the local Tire Works wanted more than my life is worth to replace them, I went to a discount mechanic I know. He does good work and doesn't charge much, but doesn't source parts, either. He looked on eBay for a while with me and shocks are no problem, but he said all the struts listed are wrong; they need to include the springs. After a couple of hours of searching all over the web, I'm lost. Surely there must be someplace that sells strut assemblies for this car. Anybody know where I can buy them?

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
818 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
They dont need to include the spring. Just use a spring compressor and remove the spring from the old strut to the new one. They do make quick change struts for vehicles, but it's not much work swapping the springs, if you cant find a complete set.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Indeed a spring compressor is needed to remove the spring. I have bought this one for my personal use:

The springs might be soft too... but usually that happens after something like 8-10 years.

In any case, the top bearing is part of steering and alignment, and needs to be replaced too with the struts:

I have replaced on my 2011 the whole assembly for the front struts, but for 2015 I see that there are not so many available yet:

·
Registered
2 Posts
The shocks and struts on my 2015 Soul base model are worn out. After the local Tire Works wanted more than my life is worth to replace them, I went to a discount mechanic I know. He does good work and doesn't charge much, but doesn't source parts, either. He looked on eBay for a while with me and shocks are no problem, but he said all the struts listed are wrong; they need to include the springs. After a couple of hours of searching all over the web, I'm lost. Surely there must be someplace that sells strut assemblies for this car. Anybody know where I can buy them?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts