Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this substantial Car and Driver US article (dated Sept 2015) compares six similar vehicles (also these are all on my monthly competition sales list) namely: (with as tested prices)

6. 2015 Chev Trax LT AWD - $25,540
5. 2016 Honda HR-V EX-L AWD - $26,720
4. 2016 Fiat 500X Easy AWD - $29,100
3. 2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 4x4 - $26,360
2. 2015 Kia Soul + - $24,750
1. 2016 Mazda CX-3 Touring AWD - $25,500

The Soul is the shortest vehicle at 163" with the Trax the longest at 168.5" and also the only one on the list that does not offer AWD.

Small SUVs Compared: Mazda CX-3 vs. Fiat 500X, Honda HR-V, Jeep Renegade, Chevrolet Trax, Kia Soul – Comparison Test – Car and Driver

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,543 Posts
Great article Conwel, thanks!

While the scoring for "feel" & "fun" seemed quite skewed, my favorite quote for the Soul was:

"Eye-catching design in and out sets high expectations, and the rest of the car performs well enough not to dissuade you from your opinion. Rarely are we so smitten with a vehicle that makes so little effort to engage the driver, but rarely do we encounter such a fully realized, personable, and funky commuter."

I did find it interesting that they said the design & materials quality in the CX-3 was so great that they failed to mention the all hard plastic dash, including where you would rest your arm on the upper doors. I would call that more budget & well, frankly cheap.

They also failed to mention the scabbed on armrest-shelf, where you put your drinks under it. How quickly will that get annoying? Say 5 minutes?

The other factor in the CX-3 that universally gets bad reviews is the tiny, claustrophobic back seat. They didn't mention that along with the rear passenger windows that do not come tinted. Something to do with it's rating by the government as really being a small car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts