Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello Kia owners. just bought a new Soul and we love it. It,s the second one we,ve owned. Mediteranian blue with 18 inch wheels and tires. soul Sx with a 2 litre engine and leather interior. Great vehicle for winter driving here in Alberta. I have nothing bad to say about the vehicle but I do have one important question. When detailing the Soul I can,t seem to get a shine back on the plastic covered rocker panel covers. I have tried almost everything except the right stuff. They look good when damp but after drying they look blotchy and terrible. I have tried Mothers back to black. Armour all tire Finnish but nothing seems to work. A detailed Soul with ugly rockers just looks bad! what do you detailers use on your plastic rocker covers? Thanks for your time boilerhog in Edmonton Alberta

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
welcome and congrats, lots of Canadian on this forum. You joined in 2010 and this is only your 8th post??

Don't forget to fill our your Drive info in settings so the info shows up with each posting you do, makes it so much easier for us to respond with these details.
You need to check your car colour, there is no such thing as Mediterranean Blue for a Canadian 2015 Soul.

To bring back black plastic parts, I use Back to Black, but sometimes you have to do it a few times depending on the conditions. Also the Exterior detailer that you use to touch up the body works good in some cases, I've used Turtle Ice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks Conwelpic for your reply. After I posted my message the wife says why not try baby oil And guess what! It works like nobody's business. It brings out a deep black lustre and I can,t stop there so I also did the stock mud flaps along with my aftermarket ones! The wife informed me the Soul is Caribbean blue. Thanks again. If I knew how to post pics I would but not that tech savy. Again thanks

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I mentioned in a previous post---Auto Glym vinyl&rubber coat.
Just spray it on &let set. It will do about the same as your wife's baby
oil AS far as keeping a shine. But ,wil not pick up the grit that the baby oil
is sure to absorb.
The product may be more available in Canada since it is made in the U.K.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Welcome to the forums, Auto Glymn is an excellent product, has been around for many years and is endorsed by the classic car clubs in the UK. It is readily available at Canadian Tire stores, or Parts source.

Pat.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
Thanks Conwelpic for your reply. After I posted my message the wife says why not try baby oil And guess what! It works like nobody's business. It brings out a deep black lustre and I can,t stop there so I also did the stock mud flaps along with my aftermarket ones! The wife informed me the Soul is Caribbean blue. Thanks again. If I knew how to post pics I would but not that tech savy. Again thanks
your welcome, that colour is my wife's favourite for the G2 which came out with the 2015 model. You were lucky to still get a 2015 SX in any colour, they are non-existent in this area.
Don't forget to fill out your profile with "2015 Soul SX, Caribbean Blue" :sneakiness:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts