Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been here for a long time, haven't had any issues...until today. Popped the hood release inside to check oil while getting gas. The hood did it's usual unlatch, but the lever you push on under the emblem won't completely release the hood. Anybody have any ideas?? Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
9,508 Posts
It probably needs oil (not to start another oil thread) :). The hook that does the second release is not moving enough so when you go to open it, push the handle as far as you can and then while holding it, gently wiggle your hood left to right to see if that will release it. If you can snake a small line up there to get some oil on the hinge, then give that a try if it does not release. Once you get it open oil the hinge and see if it needs any adjustment. I have had this happen on a few of the older cars I have had.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Oil?! Someone say "OIL". Shaggy, you shouldn't have ! Coulda said "grease", but nope.

5w30? 10w40? 0w20?
Conventional or synthetic?

:victorious:
Greg

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No luck with trying to move hood to get it to come loose. Could someone post of close up picture of the hood latch when the hood is up, so I can see which way I need to manipulate it to get it open? Thank you

·
Registered
14,734 Posts
here is a close up of the catch on the hood

hood latch.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
You probably have a can of WD 40 or silicone spray with the little red extender tube? Stick that thing in there and spray away. That should fix what ails you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts