Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My subject says it all. I have posted earlier today about my 16 year old daughters 2015 Kia Soul + new to our daughter. It is raining non stop here in the Northwest and I would like to put on new wiper blades. ( Front and rear). Is there any blades that are considered the best of the bunch out there?

Thanks much,

Tom

·
Registered
284 Posts
Rain-X-5079281-1-Latitude-Wiper-Blade contoured and can be reversed: meaning take it off, turn it upside down and use it longer than other blades.

Bosch-26A-ICON-Wiper-Blade also contoured. Plus they have a built in spoiler which helps at higher speeds.

ANCO-31?31-24-Wiper-Blade is another top pick but costs less than the previous two. Also, its material last a bit longer than.

On my old car i had before my soul, i used bosch. Just not that exact model. Living in central fl where it can drizzle or unleash a tsunami at a seconds notice, the bosch was awesome. I had tried 4 different brands before including anco.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I finally took the plunge and tried Bosch Icon's. Well worth the money in my opinion. There isn't one for the rear that I know of, so I use whatever is available on that one, but it does not get nearly as much use as the fronts and tends to last a long time anyway.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
These are what I bought over 2 yrs ago for my 2012 Soul.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CDADGG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CDADO8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

Our climate here in Sioux Dakota experiences everything mother nature can throw at us, from 100+F in the summer to -20F in the winter and these blades are amazing. I have never had a set last as long as these have.

I have pretty much tried every kind of blade over the years, Michelin, RainX, Bosh, Anco, you name it. These Valeo are my favorites along with the Michelin Aero blades I had on my previous car.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Okay, been around around the block a couple of times, no problems in just replacing replacing that rubber insert, measure it and for a couple of bucks slide in new rubber. But in searching this for our 2015, not only the inserts but the blade holders themselves. Not only in the Kia and the Elantra, but other newer vehicles as well.

Best price we could find for the 2015 Soul was 29 bucks for all three blades with the holders. The blade holders on our 2015 look brand new yet.

Played with these, on the unlocked end, just bend that rubber over a tad, with a pair of long nose pliers, pull out that thin metal strip on both sides, the insert drops out effortlessly. Put the insert back in, slide in the metal strips, just like it was.

Maybe I didn't look long enough, but just could not find the rubber, just the ones with the blade holders as well. Ha, also made the comment, easiest thing to swipe with that release button underneath.

So can you just buy the rubber inserts or do you have to buy the blade holders as well?

Fooled around with other vehicles, the inserts use to be standard, just need to know the length, but now changing both the thickness and the width of the inserts so they don't slide in. Time is also money, so just ordered new blades with the blade holders, more junk of the landfills.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Anco, Trico, Michelin, rockauto.com, your Kia dealer all have applications for the wipers that fit your vehicle. Plus others, ebay is another source, plus any of your local auto supply stores. Soul is my daughter's car, wanted to stick with Kia from fear of loosing her warranty.

Nothing wears out wiper blades quicker than cleaning a dirty windshield by pushing that windshield washer button and doesn't even do a good as job than using glass cleaner and a rag.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts