Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
On my second Soul - a 2020 LX w/IVT
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel stupid asking this, but I'm stumped…

I can't get any contacts from my phone downloaded into the car. Every time I turn on my phone (I don't use it much), the system goes through the "Contact download unsuccessful" voice and it's driving me nuts. I'd rather not call Kia directly.

I've got a '15 Soul with the navigation system. The phone in question is an LG L34C phone that's about three months old.

I've gone through my phone and tried "sharing" both a single contact and the whole list. I've tried hitting the "download contacts" button on the navi first, then hitting the "share" button on the phone contact as well as the opposite sequence of steps - neither worked. As far as I can tell, I don't have anything blocking access between the car and the phone's contact list.

I must be missing something. Anybody have any suggestions/ideas? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Goose,

i would start from scratch. Go into your Bluetooth settings on your phone and remove the kia motors connection. It will say something like forget this connection. In your car do the same thing, find your phone in the Bluetooth settings and remove it. Once that's done go ahead and try to pair the two again, typically some android phones will actually prompt to allowing sharing of contacts, make sure you push Yes. if that still doesn't work a call to Kia should put you right.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Agree and specifically make sure you are not missing the prompt on the phone - that may not be shown long - that asks if you want to share contacts. Also make sure the setting on the Soul radio is set to download contacts without asking each time. (However that is phrased)

·
Registered
On my second Soul - a 2020 LX w/IVT
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re-starting the pairing/contact download from scratch solved the problem. Thanks again for the advice, guys.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Running in to the same problem. 2015 Soul SX Luxury, new Asus Zenfone2 Laser runnin Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. Just will not load the damn contacts!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
The previous posts should cover but if not when all cleared turn off BT blue tooth in menu.
When coming back from servicing my car had extra 3 phones registered would not accept pairing till BT re started.

Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts