Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2015 Soul was to be my towed for my RV.. I've put in new plugs, change oil/filter, changed manual transmission fluid, checked everything else. Car ran fine, it has 52K on it. We towed it from San Antonio to Indianapolis, and un hooked it and went to breakfast. No problems. Came out car started fine and backed out of the spot and it died. It cranks sputters a little and dies. My gf went to a Monore shop next door and a mechanic checked it out and hooked his $5k scanner up and there were codes or issues at all. Ended up bringing the RV over to tow it back to camp. Only there for a week so I could find no mechanic or garage would take it for that short of time. It's back home now, I check the following: battery good; plugs are dry, fuel pump makes no sound, no CELs, fuel is in the tank, f/p fuse checked good and replaced with a new one anyway, could not finds a schrader valve to measure pressure, and oil check no gas spell. I'm out of ideas. Help, I'm 70 years young and still like working on cars. So I towed this car for 2600 miles and still had to rent a car for $560. Ouch. Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Soul+ 2.0l automatic in Clear White
190 Posts
I'm no mechanic, but if the fuel pump makes no sound and the fuse is good... I would assume, the fuel pump is bad. I'm sure there are other ways to check it before swapping it out. You could also check the air filter and intake for a clog. "I knew a guy" that put in an air filter still in the plastic wrap once :)

• Haha
Reactions: celronart

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm no mechanic, but if the fuel pump makes no sound and the fuse is good... I would assume, the fuel pump is bad. I'm sure there are other ways to check it before swapping it out. You could also check the air filter and intake for a clog. "I knew a guy" that put in an air filter still in the plastic wrap once :)
Thanks for the info. I'm going to go ahead and check the air filter, you never know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you want to know if it is not starting for a lack of fuel pick up some starting fluid. Pop up the lid on the air filter box and spray some in there so the intake sucks it up when you crank it. If it fires up for a second you have a fuel delivery issue.
Thanks for another idea. I'll try that tomorrow, I'm out starting fluid, used it up on getting a bike going.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Soul+ 2.0l automatic in Clear White
190 Posts
Glad you got it running again.

Reactions: pacemaker
1 - 12 of 12 Posts