Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 2015 Kia Soul end of October and noticed I did not get much heat coming from the floor vent. Before I had a chance to get it to the dealer, a deer hit me and was in the shop for 5 weeks. Now that it is extremely cold out, I get very little hot air coming from any vent and at times when I turn the heat on, my heat gauge will start to drop toward the C and will get as far as the C marking. I have had it to my dealer twice and they can't replicate my concerns and have taking temp readings of 107 and 140 degrees. Well, I'm sorry, if they were getting that type of temp readings, my feet should be burning in my 25-35 minute commute! I am looking for help! My car is still under warranty and my car insurance will pay to get this issue fixed, but the dealership says nothing is wrong.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
It's now going to be hard to determine if the accident caused a problem or what the issue is. Five weeks is a long time unless there is major damage. I can also tell you, in Ct we had some of the coldest weather ever seen here and the heat is fast and hot. (That's what she said.....)
In my other cars I use the vents and floor heat together mostly, in this car once the car warms up a little the floor heat is plenty.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
almost sounds like the accident is the cause with something not right with the heating system (rad area)
- is the proper rated coolant in the vehicle and at the proper level?.
- What was the extent of the damage?
- What model of Soul is it - please fill out your Drives details.
- wonder if you've got an air-lock?

It's a simple thing to prove within about five minutes if your not getting heat If its in the shop then if should be even less time. So stand there with the service guy and let them run it and show them what is happening. Or a quick run around the block near the dealership for five minutes should soon show up any lack of heat or problems with the temperature gauge.

I've never had a heat problem in mine with temperatures going down to -25 to -30C and get loads of heat, in fact its not often I even have the fan above first setting and many times dial the temperature back to.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have no problem with heat from the upper vents and defrost but the foot vents are horrible. I have been thinking about bringing it in to the dealer for it but my dealer is horrible. They can't get anything right so I haven't bothered yet.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Very possible, and if it is I would most definitely have the dealer do it under warranty in case something else is found to be a problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts