Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2015 2.0 litre EX GDI Alien Green II Pearl
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from the northern tip of the Sonoran desert in the southern interior of British Columbia.

We bought a new Kia Soul 2015 2.0 litre in bright Lime Green last August. (My wife insisted on a new car, that is another discussion.)

We quite like it. The bright Lime Green finish is visible and turns a lot of heads. We get a lot of compliments from perfect strangers. We like the room; we like the generous availability of large windows so we can admire what even the atheists call "God's country" as we motor around. It handles mountain road curves well.

I reckon that Lime Green is a good colour for safety reasons and a good colour in a climate where temperatures will climb to 44 Celsius on occasion.

The other vehicle is a 2006 Nissan Xterra Off-Road version where I try to do most of the mechanical work and all of the regular maintenance work. Like the WD-21 Pathfinders from the early 1990s, it is an excellent off-road vehicle. Needless to say, the Kia Soul does not go off road. :)

I have already read a few fora posts and see that a couple of frustrations are shared. More about those in separate posts. Hopefully I might have some solutions to offer other than just using a bigger breaker bar. -hehe-

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
welcome to the forum and congrats :applause: Lots of Canadian's onboard.

TiP: please indicate in your drive details which model you purchased - thanks. That colour is actually called Alien.

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2015 2.0 litre EX GDI Alien Green II Pearl
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Good idea.

EX+ if I recall correctly. (If the vehicle doesn't have skid plates and a 5th leaf spring I tend not to pay attention....)

Alien it is.

EDIT: Wrong. EX GDI

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
Good idea.

EX+ if I recall correctly. (If the vehicle doesn't have skid plates and a 5th leaf spring I tend not to pay attention....)

Alien it is.
thanks, that's a big help when you start posting comments and questions (not so much for US members as they are not as familiar with that model as most Canadian members.). US and Canadian model names are different and also the vehicles are not equipped the same, they get features we don't and vice-versa.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Welcome to the forum post up some pics.

Pat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts