Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
engine suddenly started missing and then it finally quit
dont know what happened??? just changed the filter and oil before a couple of days
i tried to start but it started and then made a weird noise clunk and now it does not crank at all just like its seized solid

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2015 2.0 litre EX GDI Alien Green II Pearl
335 Posts
starter?

·
Registered
2014 Soul+ Bright Silver (Sterling Soul)
779 Posts
dont know what happened??? just changed the filter and oil before a couple of days
i tried to start but it started and then made a weird noise clunk and now it does not crank at all just like its seized solid

Welcome 15kiasoul!

To get the most out of these forums take a moment to read through the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), page if you haven't already done so.

Also be sure to fill out your Signature with the year/trim/mileage/add-ons of your Soul along with your location. (you can use my signature as an example) This will help us to immediately know some basic information about your car that you won't need to repeat–plus you can add a photo to show off your ride. 😁

Enjoy your stay!

—Kerig

Reactions: GeoSoul

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
STARTER IS BRAND NEW
OIL WAS JUST CHANGED NEWLY
ENGINE IS SEIZED SOLID CANT EVEN TURN BY A RATCHET AN SOCKET

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe these new engines are so bad of a design
old style Kia's and Hyundai's were the best but once they switch to GDi's it become so bad

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,296 Posts
I believe these new engines are so bad of a design
old style Kia's and Hyundai's were the best but once they switch to GDi's it become so bad
Most all of the lineup is now GDI above the Seltos/Soul/Forte level. Telluride, Stinger, Sorento, Sedona, Sportage, K900 are all GDI (not to mention luxury Genesis line). Just over 50% of all new cars sold are GDI. I doubt your engine seized from the fuel injection system design.

I know you say oil was changed newley. What is the level on the stick now? Did the drain plug and/or filter get put on properly? Did someone try to start the car before oil levels were checked?

Sorry for your problem.

Reactions: Kerig3

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oil level is on the top
oil is like gold still very clean
my mechanic told me it jumped the timing thats why its seized
he looked with the camera inside each combustion chamber and found a valve hit the piston coz when it was running perfect and then suddenly it start missing and shaking but by the time i came to turn it off it start making some weird noise from the exhaust and it finally died

·
Registered
12 Posts
don't feel alone. my 2017 2.0 L took a dump too, 78K mi. Stopped. put a qt in, limped it home. 1/2 mi. put in another qt. looked ok on stick. almost same place --could not really tell.
My renter drained the oil out -- just over 2 qts.
found a used 2.0 L with only 19,000mi. $3500 labor $1000. (Kia wanted almost $3K for labor.
it's really hard to see the level on the stick. Plus it's long and just pushing it in it gets painted with oil. room for improvement here.

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2015 2.0 litre EX GDI Alien Green II Pearl
335 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
These engines are the worst ive ever seen in hyundais or kias

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok get the easy stuff first... check filters make sure clean; check PCV prob needs to be changed. Gas filter may be clogging... what have you not checked in this easy list first?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dear sir
engine is seized solid
i tried to turn it over with a ratchet from the crank pully but it wont coz its done

1 - 16 of 16 Posts