Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my 2015 Soul + less than a month ago and LOVE IT!!
But I can't access the UVO eservices as I have a windows phone and the app will only recognize Iphone and Android phones. Has anyone else had this issue and is there anything that can be done?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Did you go to Kia's Website and register your car. Your name and setup an account. And a password.
And download a app to your phone.
Don't know nothing about a windows Phone. And don't want to know nothing about a windows phone.
Sorry I'm not a Windows fan.

Got a Samsung S5 after having 5 iPhones.

My dealer got on his computer and showed everything to me.
He setup the account for me. I choose the user name and password.
And he showed me what all the UVO would do.

I have the UVO app turned off. Don't want it to use any of my battery.
I can turn the app on. And if I park my car, I can see where it is parked by the Sirius radio signal.
It also has other functions too.

My phone does bluetooth to my Radio and when somebody calls I answer it with the green button on the steering wheel.

https://www.myuvo.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GfKnc0WIMs

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did register my car on the Kia website and I have the blue tooth feature set up so I can answer my phone, make calls, use the voice activated system etc.
The app for the UVO eservices is only on Iphones and Android sites. No matter what I try, it won't let me download it to my windows phone. I know some people hate the Windows platform and want the others, but there are plenty of us out there that like the Windows phone.
I just wish the makers of these apps would realize not everyone in the world uses Apple or Android.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,086 Posts

Reactions: nick1946

·
Registered
388 Posts
I just wish the makers of these apps would realize not everyone in the world uses Apple or Android.
I think its kind of sad my next phone will probably be whatever works best with e-services (when/if they finally add it and stop getting us the run around)

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Back when Microsoft had that promo where you can bring in any old Android phone and get a free Windows phone (Windows Phone 7?) I did it so I could check out the phone. I *hated* it. I spent about 20-30 minutes with it and there were so many limitations, and apps on Android that had no equivalent on WP. I sold the phone on eBay for a nice $180 profit. I know WP has come a long way since then, but I could never give up Android anymore.

Looking forward to that UVO update!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My husband and I got windows phones about 2 months before getting our 2015 Soul Exclaim. We were told at the dealership that we needed new phones (after just spending about $1k on both of ours together) - it was quite infuriating. It cannot be that difficult to port the app over to windows. I don't think it's the consumer that needs to change, it's the manufacturer that needs to adapt to meet their customers' needs!! When are we going to get a Windows app???

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I know it's frustrating, but to point out a couple of things;
The KIA website never claimed to support Windows phones. In addition, many other car systems do not support Windows phones, as just one example I know without having to look it up, is BMW.

Bottom line, the problem you face with Windows phones - they sell about 2% - 3% of all sales in the U.S. That's it. Android sells 51%+ and IOS 43%+
Of that 2 - 3% what small percent of that number would actually be buying a specific brand of car, in this case a KIA or Hyundai? The chance of the customer buying a specific brand of car having an Android or IOS is almost any customer who has a smartphone. It does take time and money to develop, test, and get permission to use an app from an OS manufacturer. Many times, after awhile companies will include Windows, but even app companies who do nothing but make apps often don't include Windows right away, so they can concentrate on the huge majority that have Android and IOS.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
My husband and I got windows phones about 2 months before getting our 2015 Soul Exclaim. We were told at the dealership that we needed new phones (after just spending about $1k on both of ours together) - it was quite infuriating. It cannot be that difficult to port the app over to windows. I don't think it's the consumer that needs to change, it's the manufacturer that needs to adapt to meet their customers' needs!! When are we going to get a Windows app???
I am a programmer. It isn't a trivial task to develop a Windows app with the eServices... you can't just port it and make a few changes and it suddenly works. My guess would be if you are waiting for a Windows Phone app that you will be waiting for a very long time. It took them a year just to get the app working properly for Android and iOS users and it still doesn't work properly on a few of the latest phones according to reviews and reports. They will most likely concentrate their resources on the existing apps and not bother with a phone OS that has such a low market share. Of course, I have zero inside knowledge of what Kia is doing, but that would be my guess. I know this isn't what you want to hear but it is most likely what is going to be the case I think.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I have a 2015 and iphone but havent been able to log on from phone or computer for 5 days . When i try it says wrong email or password (it isnt) so i reenter all of it , nope , so i click forgot password then it says 'sorry we have encountered an unexpected error" contacted kia ..said they would call me back that was 4 days ago . Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I have a 2015 and iphone but havent been able to log on from phone or computer for 5 days . When i try it says wrong email or password (it isnt) so i reenter all of it , nope , so i click forgot password then it says 'sorry we have encountered an unexpected error" contacted kia ..said they would call me back that was 4 days ago . Any suggestions ?
Hi. Do you mean you can't access myuvo.com from your computer too? I tried just now, said I had the wrong password which is entirely possible, so I reset it and logged in fine.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Soul +, 2018 Soul 1 Million Edition
780 Posts
I just bought my 2015 Soul + less than a month ago and LOVE IT!!
But I can't access the UVO eservices as I have a windows phone and the app will only recognize Iphone and Android phones. Has anyone else had this issue and is there anything that can be done?
Research before you buy and don't just ASSume everything will work together!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
hi. Do you mean you can't access myuvo.com from your computer too? I tried just now, said i had the wrong password which is entirely possible, so i reset it and logged in fine.
yes , i cannot access
t from phone or pc . How did you reset it ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Windows 10 will be more app friendly -http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-delivers-windows-10-tools-for-building-universal-applications/ - in the near future and I expect to see their market share jump. What many don't realize is that a lot of the features you have to download an app for on apple and android are already built in to Windows. I've used all three and I'll keep my Cortana thank you!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts