Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Forum,

Wondering if you guys had any ideas of what we could do with the rear circular reflectors on the back of our Souls. Thought it might be cool if we could swap them with LED lamps of something similar. Anyone tackled this yet? Can't seem to find much in terms of after market plug and play. I know the car is still fairly new, but figured it was worth investigating.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
When the first 2014 promotional pictures started trickling out, I proposed this as a solution to the 'Afterburners" as I call them. The rendering features a body kit idea too.

Makes sense to me based on the Track'ster concept.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
If they are designed like the 2010 ( - shape )
I was easily able to remove & add LED's at the edge
These came out PERFECT & look better than I expected

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Talk to Nick at Diode Dynamics...............http://www.kiasoulforums.com/64-diode-dynamics/

They have various types of "Angel Eyes" available in red. If they have something the right diameter it could look really cool around the edge of the reflectors.

These BMW style ones wouldn't look so good because they have a gap.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Personally I think either backup spot lights or 'back off' bright lights would be nice. Maybe half-half with led running or brake lights.

So many neat ideas.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the good ideas and advice here! I think my next step will be to take out the blanks and see how easily LEDs can be added on. Looks like the driver's side will be a bit easier to get out. Just 3 screws from the looks of it.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Ideas...'flower' covers for the Soul, think they would look cute on Tina's car...heard someone say the Soul is kinda like the VW Beetle...as far as personality...though I don't think as cutesy.
I would consider Peace signs... $T2eC16JHJHgE9n0yEYHNBR!GY,rj-!~~60_14.JPG

·
Registered
491 Posts
Some of us were able to get the Euro fog light housings that replaced the reflectors on our 2010-11 cars. Using a trailer light relay and a conventional bulb socket, we turned our reflectors into repeaters of our regular rear lights. They even flash alternately with regular signal when you are also on the brake. I expect something like that is available for the new body.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Good point Gary. European law requires rear fog lights so it's almost certain that round fog light assemblies will be available. Probably just a bit too early yet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Im actually thinking about going and getting 2 4" led big rig led lights i saw at a truck stop, i may have to mod my reflector to hold the light in place, but if i wind up doing it ill post a diy thread about it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts