Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a procedure or tutorial on door panel removal for the 2014 Soul? What about the dash speakers?

I talked to the dealer and they said (with little confidence; they weren't very sure) there's a screw behind where you pull the door open, and where you grip the door to shut it.
After those two screws are removed, you can pry from the bottom (there's a notch on the steel to put a tool.)

Beyond that, I have no knowledge.

As for the dash speakers, they told me "Pry them off with a screwdriver...Good luck"
I'm not having that warm/fuzzy feeling to move forward...Could anyone help me out?

Thanks in advanced!

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,522 Posts
As for the dash speakers, they told me "Pry them off with a screwdriver...Good luck"
I'm not having that warm/fuzzy feeling to move forward...Could anyone help me out?

Thanks in advanced!
Hey Scharf,

First & foremost, DO NOT pry any visable areas on the Soul with a screwdriver or metal object. They will scratch very easily. I would invest in some plastic pry tools. They aren't expensive. I got a pack of 5 various sizes for about $6.

Having said that, here's a video of the center speaker removal by a woman using a screwdriver (to each is own):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssu2FQFMMfk

These images might help with the door panel removal. Best of luck.

Kia door0.jpg

Kia door1.jpg

·
Registered
248 Posts
Short of fixing a problem, why are people taking off gen 2 door panels?

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,522 Posts
Because they can......

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am going to be putting new speakers in soon. so if I am the first I will be doing a how to on it. like i did with the underglow. and get plastic trim tools... like above you can get a set for 6$. or a nice set for 20.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts