Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 2014 Soul + has that funhouse mirror effect in the rear view. There is an old thread from 2012 about some models with this. But this may be a new problem with the first batch of 2014s. Returned it to the dealer who insisted there was nothing wrong. But a young tech (and members of my family) all concur there is considerable distortion. The lines of the defroster on the back window appear to wiggle in the mirror. And cars viewed through it while driving are downright blurry. Salesman is pushing to get them to order a new mirror. I even opened the back hatch to confirm it wasn't the back glass. Definitely the mirror. I sat in another 2014 at the dealership and noticed the same problem. This is the standard mirror (nothing electronic).

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope you are going to get satisfaction for the mirror. Thanks for letting us know what to look out for. There may be others on here that have the same problem as you. In fact, I believe that there is another thread that started last night on the same topic.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
welcome to the forum with your first posting. Lots of people from Florida on this forum.

TIP - would be helpful for future conversations and questions if you could fill our your DRIVES profile on the left (see mine) with 2014 Soul Plus (also add any special package you may have and colour, subject to available space of course) - thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
You can't expect perfection from a vehicle that sells for around 20k,can you?
Yes you can. You may not get it but aim low, hit low. If you demand perfection you will be closer than if you demand mediocrity. It isn't what you can't deliver for 20K, it is what you can deliver well for 20K.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can't expect perfection from a vehicle that sells for around 20k,can you?
I firmly believe I can expect a Mirror to function without flaws. And the more people I hear from out here who can corroborate that there may be an issue, the easier it is for the flaw to be acknowledged and corrected.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
why should there be a hassle, if its defective then it will be replace under warranty. As components are made by various companies and supplied to Kia (as is the case with every automotive manufacturer) then its possible to get defective parts (otherwise nobody would need to offer a warranty).

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I have not experienced this with the mirror. I hope they replaced yours!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Yes, push to get it replaced under warranty. Early in last year when I took my Soul in to the dealer for service there was a guy who brought in his KIA of a different model who had a problem with the sensor in the rearview mirror that changes it automatically for night time vision. The mechanic couldn't get it to fail, so the guy showed the service manager with a penlight & they ordered a whole new mirror under warranty.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
213 Posts
Just picked up my 14 Exclaim on Sunday and I noticed the same thing, its like looking down a long dark tunnel and makes things in back appear further away and narrow. Very strange.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts