Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
everytime I turn engine on I have to approve contact download on mt cell phone..I don't have tp do that on my 2013 MiniCooper..
Hello and welcome.

There have been others that have reported this happening. I have not seen it on any of my Souls (don't have a 2014, but four others). When our phones are paired to the car, the phone asks for the code from the car's Bluetooth (0000) and pairs up. Never had it ask a question after, that is the only time it asks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks..my 3rd Soul..never happened before..is there someone at KIA I can call?? Maybe the dealer but my salesperson does not seem very technology literate..

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
Thanks..my 3rd Soul..never happened before..is there someone at KIA I can call?? Maybe the dealer but my salesperson does not seem very technology literate..
I wish I remembered where the other threads were so I could give them to you. I am pretty sure that it was solved. Is this the same phone as on your others. Perhaps someone here that is active can remember the solution. If I run across it I will give you the link.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I also have the same problem with my '14 Exclaim. Called tech guy at my dealership and he said there is a place in one of the menus that you can check to stop the downloads and that damn phone going off every time you get in the car with the phone in your pocket. I tried to find it and could not. I will call him back and ask again and will report his solution if you don't do it first. Hate all the damn menus and the owner's manual is next to worthless. It shows were everything is and what it is supposed to do, but doesn't show how to navigate the menus and whatever the toggle is. Oh, by the way, now instead of the phone ringing, the damned female voice interrupts the radio and tells me that the downloads need my permission to continue. Aaargggggg!!!

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,070 Posts
Geez and I thought the "transfer complete" on my 2010 was annoying. :eek:

·
Registered
213 Posts
My new 14 Exclaim is the same, I receive a text message and have to pull my phone out and acknowledge the link every time I get in and out of the car or it doesn't connect. PITA. About as bad as having to acknowledge the assinine message on the navigation system 5000 times like we are stupid or something. Even if you are not using the navigation you have to acknowledge the message or the audio screen doesn't appear to listen to music. Stupid a$$ lawyers! We get it and got it after the first 100 times we repeated the same exact gesture. I have a gesture for them.....

Why do simple things have to be so complicated

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my problem is solved..tech savvy guy at dealership re-paired my phone...lol....apparently during the pairing process you have to click on a button that allows automatic contact download..otherwise the default is to ask the cell permission to hand over the contacts to the car..he did it and I am a happy soul....I want that guy's cell phone number...

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
my problem is solved..tech savvy guy at dealership re-paired my phone...lol....apparently during the pairing process you have to click on a button that allows automatic contact download..otherwise the default is to ask the cell permission to hand over the contacts to the car..he did it and I am a happy soul....I want that guy's cell phone number...
Glad you got this fixed and thanks for the update. I noticed on my phone it asked me for the KIA Bluetooth code and when I entered it, the phone automatically downloaded the contact list and updates it each time it pairs now. I would suppose the each phone may be a little different. Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Glad you got it solved Hank. I have paired 2 different phones to my 2014, and in both cases there was an option to select on my phone screen immediately after pairing that granted the car permission to download the contacts on its own later. The first was a Motorola Droid 4, the other is an LG G2. I did not have to enter the code from the car, but my phone showed it to me so that I could confirm that I was connecting to the correct device (as if there could possibly be another phone in range out where I live...).

That little confirmation screen is easy to miss if you aren't looking for it. And Buzz, you are correct that the "Connection Complete" and "Transfer Complete" voice prompts got to be annoying after a while. They were cute the first dozen or so times...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts