Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to fit a speaker in the center dash in a 2014 soul base model? If so can someone explain how to dismantle the the center piece and radio? Please and thank you!

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Hello and welcome. I don't think anyone has tried to install a center speaker yet. The base radio does not have a take off for it or for the optional amp on the infinity set up either. You may have to opt for an after market radio that will let you do this. In any case, we would appreciate any information that you come across on this task as most anything tried on a 2014 is going to be new information at this point.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
this is for the removal of the centre speaker so I presume to remove the blank plate should be the same

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have only had the plate out once. I believe the vents pull up and out using friction clips. Then the plate unscrews pretty easily. I think Shaggy is right though. Adding a speaker in wouldn't be as simple as it seems. For me I think I will wait a while until the current sound system wears out and needs replacement.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
Ok thanks and will do. I get an error when I click on the link. Tried copy n paste but it brings me to the main page of the forum
it works, its a thread on this forum, not an "outside" link. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts