Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish kia would have the option for a better sound system in the Soul base model. Any suggestions on making it sound better or just replace it with what? :confused:

·
Registered
30 Posts
A 2way amp should do it~~~ kick extra power to the stock speakers. By doing that the sound will become more clear. It be alot better if you upgrade the speakers as well.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'd really like to know what the speaker specs are (to replace them). I'd rather not have to disassemble the door first to find out, haha. Plus we have to figure out how to pop the weird tweeter cones off...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picked up a Kicker Hideaway 8" Subwoofer fits under the seat as suggested by the geek squad -they claim your other 6 speakers can be used for mid and high range and the sub for some bass to round the system off. They sell for $299.00 but got lucky with an open box one for $199.00 Will give you an update after the install next week.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had the Kicker Sub installed (under the front passenger seat) and yes it does give the system a full sound. The only evidence is a small control knob for the subwoofer - you can adjust the volume of the sub - the control goes from 1 to 11 - have not had it much past 3 for my taste. Thinking of having the tweeters and other speakers upgraded at a later time - for now this is a definite improvement. kia soul 056.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts