Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
381 - 400 of 419 Posts

· Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
9,065 Posts
Mlk, you have to admit with CC and your new armrest console, it makes the Soul complete!

· Registered
22 Posts
I installed CC tonight in my 2019 BaseMT. I lucked out and found a mint 2016 stock leather wheel with the cruise for under $80 on eBay. The swap was SO simple as I only had to swap wheels. Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this! It will make my commute a lot nicer.

Attachments

· Registered
9,065 Posts
VERY nice James!

· Registered
9,065 Posts
We need someone with a Gen3 Stick Shift Soul to jump in and DIY Cruise Control.

Anybody out there thinking about doing this???

It was a big hit for Gen2 Stick Shift drivers......as this humongous thread attests to :)

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello everybody! I purchased a base manual 2019 Kia Soul a few days ago and am thinking about installing cruise control on it. I've looked through a good portion of this thread, and to clarify, I only need three parts: a new harness (56190B2400), the cruise control module (96700B2100ASB), and a replacement lock nut for when I reassemble the steering wheel (561952F000). Is that correct?

Any tips on the install would be much appreciated as well! I can't wait to put this in and get my manual Soul one step closer to perfect. Thank you!

· Registered
9,065 Posts
Hello everybody! I purchased a base manual 2019 Kia Soul a few days ago and am thinking about installing cruise control on it. I've looked through a good portion of this thread, and to clarify, I only need three parts: a new harness (56190B2400), the cruise control module (96700B2100ASB), and a replacement lock nut for when I reassemble the steering wheel (561952F000). Is that correct?

Any tips on the install would be much appreciated as well! I can't wait to put this in and get my manual Soul one step closer to perfect. Thank you!
Welcome & congratulations on your 2019.

Yes, you are correct, just those 3 parts. Should cost under $80 total. Takes about 30 mins.

My only advice is to "take your time" and double check that you have securely plugged all connections (like wiring harness & airbag power).

It's an easy, straightforward procedure & you'll be glad you did it.

· Registered
2016 Kia Soul Base MT
3 Posts
Hello Everyone, New guy here,

2016 Kia Soul Base w/MT

My local dealership is telling me the wiring harness part number is 56190-B2300. The first post here is saying it's B2400. I feel like I trust this forum more than the dealership. Is the dealership screwing me around or what's up? The cruise control switch is the same part number, but I keep running into discrepancy's between the 2300 and 2400 for the wiring harness.

Any advice would be welcomed. Thank you.

· Registered
9,065 Posts

2016 Kia Soul Base w/MT

My local dealership is telling me the wiring harness part number is 56190-B2300. The first post here is saying it's B2400. I feel like I trust this forum more than the dealership. Is the dealership screwing me around or what's up? The cruise control switch is the same part number, but I keep running into discrepancy's between the 2300 and 2400 for the wiring harness.

I would trust this forum more than them ike.

I put mine in in 2014. Got the parts from kiapartsnow.com as it was cheaper than the rip-off dealer prices. There are multiple other places online as well that sell the harness, switch and nut.

Glad to hear you are upgrading your MT with cruise. It's worth every cent (which shouldn't be much more than $75).

All the best!

· Registered
2016 Kia Soul Base MT
3 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I'm taking your advice and sticking with the B2400.

I'm curious if you were able to fit a full size spare in the back or just a donut size. Haven't done the measurements myself yet but a spare is definitely a priority for me. I'd just like to keep the room in the back.

Thanks again for your help.

· Registered
9,065 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I'm taking your advice and sticking with the B2400.

I'm curious if you were able to fit a full size spare in the back or just a donut size. Haven't done the measurements myself yet but a spare is definitely a priority for me. I'd just like to keep the room in the back.

Thanks again for your help.
Hey ike, it's a donut. The entire kit from ebay with jack & other tools in a cool styrofoam caddy fits perfect under the storage bin. Costs around $100 delivered. You might be able to fit a full size but would lose use of the bins due to height.

· Registered
9,065 Posts

2016 Kia Soul Base w/MT

Hey ike, I checked my old invoice & it shows B2400. I'm wondering if that B2300 isn't the exact same one in your MT Soul now. It doesn't have the plug for Cruise. He probably didn't look up the correct vehicle.

· Registered
2016 Kia Soul Base MT
3 Posts
Hey ike, I checked my old invoice & it shows B2400. I'm wondering if that B2300 isn't the exact same one in your MT Soul now. It doesn't have the plug for Cruise. He probably didn't look up the correct vehicle.
I'd bet you're right. At the time, I had called a few different Kia dealerships and none of them seemed to have a clue. You would think this issue would be common for them but I guess not. Going to order parts next month and I'll update how it goes. With all the info here I'm guessing it will be easy. Thanks for all your help and everyone else here.

· Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys I have a 2013 Kia Soul Base has power windows power locks and the steering wheel had radio controls and phone controls no cruise I went an got a bezel coontrols and wiring harness from the junk yard out of a 2010 Forte it all connected my radio controls and phone controls work but the cruise controls are not working. Any ideas?

· Registered
9,065 Posts
Hey guys I have a 2013 Kia Soul Base has power windows power locks and the steering wheel had radio controls and phone controls no cruise I went an got a bezel coontrols and wiring harness from the junk yard out of a 2010 Forte it all connected my radio controls and phone controls work but the cruise controls are not working. Any ideas?
Hi login, this thread might help with Gen 1 cruise. Gen 2 is super easy, but I don't know too much about Gen 1.

All the best.

How to Cruise Control 2012 base M/T!!!!

· Registered
2016 Base
14 Posts
Well, I somehow managed to bugger this "plug and play" CC install. Any assistance veterans of this procedure can provide will be very much appreciated. Ordered the parts and everything went swimmingly with two exceptions:
1) The clock spring popped right out in spite of my best efforts to leave it undisturbed. Nothing broke, but I had a dickens of a time reinstalling it. More on that in a minute.
2) A curious neighbor interrupted me right as I was slipping the steering wheel back onto the spindle. I didn't mind getting out of the car and patiently explaining to him what I was up to (his repeated comments about how ill-advised my DIY job was did get annoying however. "I would have just taken it to the dealer".) Yadda, yadda, yadda.

When my curious neighbor moved on, I finished the job, reconnected the battery and fired it up. This next part is key: the green cruise dash light came on when I activated CC, and the trip computer worked; I could tab through all of the functions. The only thing that remained was to take it for a test spin and confirm the CC functioned properly.

I got maybe 30 seconds down the road when I realized two things: my steering wheel was misaligned by a single spline but more importantly: it was loose! I had been about to install the nut when my neighbor distracted me. When I returned to the project, I completely forgot. Yes I know, that was monumentally stupid of me. But I safely pulled over and with the needed tools still in my car, I disconnected the battery a second time, popped off and disconnected the airbag/horn assembly, realigned the steering wheel and installed the vital steering wheel nut.

Back on the road, I get up to speed and push the cruise control button ... nothing happens. Worse, I see that my airbag light in on. And to top it all off, my trip computer is stuck on trip odometer A. It's registering mileage, but it wouldn't change modes (distance to empty, mpg, etc,) Now I cannot say with 100% certainty that the airbag light was not on when I first reconnected everything, but I think I would have noticed that if it were. The cruise control at least activated at first, and the trip odometer was definitely working in all modes. In case anyone wants to know, the Bluetooth and radio controls still work just fine.

I've now disassembled and reassembled the steering wheel a half a dozen more times, all with the same disappointing result. The only thing I can think of is it somehow has something to do with the clock spring. Those ribbon cables look fine, I didn't disconnect anything except for the plug for the steering wheel harness and in any case if I did somehow damage the clock spring, why do the radio and Bluetooth controls still work? But the fact remains that clock spring was really hard to reinstall and honestly, I'm still not confident I did it correctly.

I've read through all 20 pages of this thread twice now. Soul15 posted about difficulties with the clock spring back when he did this mod back in 2016 (page 16 of this thread). His written description is very detailed, but without pictures it's really hard to follow. And I'm still struggling with why some, but not all of my steering wheel functions are working if I've damaged the clock spring.

Anyone as boneheaded as I have similar troubles with this mod? I obviously am still keen on having cruise control but at this point I'd settle for a fully functioning trip computer and especially a working driver's side airbag. Thanks very much in advance.

· Registered
2011 + m/t 2.0l
712 Posts
cruise. . .
I added cruise to my 00 Sportage. I had to boot/reboot the system from time to time. At a standstill cycle the switch on/off/on, tap the clutch, tap the brake, tap the throttle, tap the cancel button. For an A/T I would gear shift in park, cycle on/off/on, tap the brake, tap the throttle, tap the cancel button.

381 - 400 of 419 Posts