Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,617 Posts
FWIW here's a guy who shows a center console removal (it's from an automatic, but the jist is the same)

Reactions: Kerig3

·
Registered
2014 1.6l manual
220 Posts
OEM ARMREST FOR 2014 KIA SOUL MANUAL TRANSMISSION OWNERS

For those who might be interested, I just finished the removal and install of the center console & armrest for the Manual Transmission 2014 Kia Soul. While it’s still fresh I wanted to share the steps I took....
Thanks for your write-up GeoSoul, I referred to it often while removing an armrest center console from a junker and then again when removing my center console in preparation of installing the "new" console.

Finally have the armrest center console in my car - only took me three years :)

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
Thanks for your write-up GeoSoul, I referred to it often while removing an armrest center console from a junker and then again when removing my center console in preparation of installing the "new" console.

Finally have the armrest center console in my car - only took me three years :)
Thanks for your kind words Tosen. Doesn't having the factory armrest really complete the cabin? I hope you enjoy it for many years to come!

·
Registered
2014 1.6l manual
220 Posts
...Doesn't having the factory armrest really complete the cabin?
It certainly does. And even though the armrest has to added in after the fact by the stick-shift owner, at least doing so is possible - do to ingenuity of forum members showing the way.

With info from the forum I added cruise control soemtime back and while I don't use it often it is nice to have when I make the occasional highway trip. Now having an armrest makes the car even more user friendly and accommodating.

Note: seems somewhat odd to me that my late eighties F-150 stick-shift has factory cruise control (and a flip-down hide-away armrest) but in this day and age no (US version) KIA Soul stick-shift can be purchsed with cruise control as an option nor an armrest.

I hope you enjoy it for many years to come!
Thanks - Me too.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Soul ! 2.0gdi
70 Posts
My suzuki sx4 was the same way, almost impossible to find a stick with cruise, and good luck on the armrest. Mine currently has both!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
It certainly does. And even though the armrest has to added in after the fact by the stick-shift owner, at least doing so is possible - do to ingenuity of forum members showing the way.

With info from the forum I added cruise control soemtime back and while I don't use it often it is nice to have when I make the occasional highway trip. Now having an armrest makes the car even more user friendly and accommodating.

Note: seems somewhat odd to me that my late eighties F-150 stick-shift has factory cruise control (and a flip-down hide-away armrest) but in this day and age no (US version) KIA Soul stick-shift can be purchsed with cruise control as an option nor an armrest.

Thanks - Me too.
I know what you mean. In Europe you used to be able to buy a fully loaded manual transmission Soul with cruise, armrest, leather & the works. The US only had slim pickings for the manual.

Now you can't even buy a gas powered Soul in Europe. EV only. I wish it would come to N America.

Kia Cancels Gas Soul In Europe, Only Electric Version Available

141 - 146 of 146 Posts