Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
121 - 140 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well I've taken the plunge and ordered my console off ebay got a real good deal. thanks to those that have gone before to show the way.

·
Super Moderator
9,516 Posts
Well I've taken the plunge and ordered my console off ebay got a real good deal. thanks to those that have gone before to show the way.
Once you get it, you may spend, oh I'd say, about 45 seconds to read the instructions and about 15 seconds installing it after you spend three and a half hours figuring out what the hell the instructions are trying to tell you and perhaps drillng some holes. Easy as pie.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,949 Posts
Congrats mlk! Did you order the whole 4 pieces OEM or the aftermarket "screw on" armrest?

Would love to see pics after you get it installed. You're going to really enjoy the difference.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Go the whole console out of a wreck off Ebay $130 with shipping it was is complete with aux ports so I can look it over before I start. Its flipping cold right now But I will take pics. Also ordered the cruise control

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
Go the whole console out of a wreck off Ebay $130 with shipping it was is complete with aux ports so I can look it over before I start. Its flipping cold right now But I will take pics. Also ordered the cruise control
That's cool it comes with aux ports for the rear. You'll love having this armrest upgrade & cruise control. It makes the stick shift version of the Soul "complete."

Reactions: mlk337

·
Registered
71 Posts
I love that 2 tone interior as well. You know I most certainly must be living under a rock. Cruise control and an arm rest seem to me like standard items on any car. I really need to get out more.

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
I love that 2 tone interior as well. You know I most certainly must be living under a rock. Cruise control and an arm rest seem to me like standard items on any car. I really need to get out more.
It is standard on most cars. Some Einstein at Kia decided that Soul stick shift drivers would appreciate having no place to rest their arms (supposedly because they are SO busy shifting all the time) & of course, no cruise control because we all know manual transmission drivers never go on a highway.

You don't need to get out more. The ding a ling at Kia who decided this does :)

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,168 Posts
It is standard on most cars. Some Einstein at Kia decided that Soul stick shift drivers would appreciate having no place to rest their arms (supposedly because they are SO busy shifting all the time) & of course, no cruise control because we all know manual transmission drivers never go on a highway.

You don't need to get out more. The ding a ling at Kia who decided this does :)
do you mean Kia as in Kia Motors in South Korea or do you mean Kia as in Kia Motors America?

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
do you mean Kia as in Kia Motors in South Korea or do you mean Kia as in Kia Motors America?
No, just as it relates to this threads conversation, Gen2, US versions. Kia has a stick shift hater on staff at the Soul store :)

Do you know if any of the Gen2 Canadian versions were standard transmissions? I know they dropped it at some point.

Other countries have full "shabang" level stick shift Souls.

Case in point, look at this beauty, stick shift, from Europe:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Kia soul Hatchback

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,168 Posts
Do you know if any of the Gen2 Canadian versions were standard transmissions? I know they dropped it at some point.
2014 - 2017: MT with the 1.6L LX model (like the Base in the US)
2014 - 2016: 1.6L MT also available with the LX+ version, which included 16" alloys, cruise, keyless entry, heated seats, a/c, mirror signal repeaters and illuminated ignition ring.
2018-2020: MT no longer available due to low sales.

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
Conwel, didn't they leave AC out of the Base LX Canadian MT? Or was that standard?

·
Registered
7,949 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Just swapped to the center console with arm rest from an auto into my’18 base manual,and could not be happier!

Scored the complete setup out of a wrecked Soul for 135.00,took all of about 30 minutes to complete.Now the car is much more comfortable for my daily commute once cruise is set,since I now have a place to rest my arm!

·
Registered
22 Posts
This beauty showed up in the mail today! Snagged it on eBay from a wrecked soul. Hope to install it soon, this weekend if I can wait that long.
Auto part Block plane

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bringing the thread back!

This is an awesome mod and I agree with earlier posters. It takes longer to read the steps on how to do the mod than it does to just do it. Bought the entire console off of ebay and switched it out in about 20 minutes. I love the armrest!

If you have the M/T you ought to do this mod.

Thanks all for the advice!

·
Registered
2014 Soul Base, 103,XXXmiles
12 Posts
Bringing it back again, I too snagged a center console from EEbay $139 shipped. For auto, I have Manuel so will have to modify but can’t wait! Also ordered the cruise control and a ebay keyless entry!

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
Bringing it back again, I too snagged a center console from EEbay $139 shipped. For auto, I have Manuel so will have to modify but can’t wait! Also ordered the cruise control and a ebay keyless entry!
Nice score mrrod! Is the auto console really any different? I think you just put your shift boot and ring in, if I remember correctly.

Best of luck!

121 - 140 of 148 Posts