Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

101 - 120 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
OK...so...looked on car-part.com entered the appropriate info for my Soul Base MT..only specified AT console with armrest. Saw many, but luckily...very luckily, there was one within 15 mi. of where I babysit my grandaughter...$50...awesome...Went and got it...wow its was awful looking, but $1.88 for Walmart armorall-alternative and lots of elbow grease...like new! Except they broke the tray around the shifter. But, that was not a problem because I was going to use the existing new one....and BONUS..by doing it this way, didn't even have to unhook the wiring harness, the whole shebang simply rolled out of the way for the base removal and replacement. Whole thing less than 30 minutes.

I am thrilled with how easy and inexpensive this was....BTW there are lots of these units for sale nation-wide and most $135 or less.

Thanks to everyone who gave advice, directions and were patient with my inquiries....I'm thrilled with my Soul, now with cruise and armrest! Finally, I didn't want to go with fog lights, but didn't like the look of the black blanks in front, so I bought 2ea. 4" white/silver reflectors and simply mounted them over the blanks with single stainless screw in the middle....looks good! I'll send pics of everything once the snow quits falling and I can get out into the sunshine! Best to all!

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,617 Posts
^^^^ Good job Bill. Would love to see the pics of the reflectors too.

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
^^^^ Yessir! Now you're cooking with gas.

It still amazes me the dealers don't offer some 2fer package of Cruise/Armrest for just $xxx to MT buyers. I would have been all over it. I mean just because some people prefer to drive stick doesn't mean we're a bunch of cheap, uncivilized troglodytes :)

Reactions: Soul.Master.007

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't mean to resurrect and old thread but I just wanted to say that after spending $115 on Ebay.. that gave me more than I needed. I was able to swap out my center console for a arm rest one. Thank you all for sharing your details on the installation.
It literally took 10 minutes.

Here are the before and after pictures.

before.jpg
after.jpg

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
Looks great armozo!

Did you get a dash kit for the red accents or plasti dip?

I like how the red contours around the radio face. I haven't been able to find any dash kits for the Soul that do that.

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
Thanks GeoSoul!

I did the knock off - plasti-dip version from Home Depot... called Flexi-Dip.... I love the color.
Dude, looks awesome. It's amazing how many higher end cars are using red accents with black interiors. Even red seat belts. Your dash work just works.

I bought a dash kit (kind of granite slate) when I got my Soul new and opted not to use it because it didn't conform to the curves. It basically is fascia and looked too much like an "add on." What you did solved that problem. N I C E !

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank you OP and others for this thread. I wanted to share my experience installing this mod on a 2016 Kia Soul base model.

I went with new because it wasn't much more than getting the complete setup from a salvage yard at around $150-$175.

Parts ordered were:

- Cover Assembly - Console Rear 84670B2100EQ @ $29.90
- Console - Floor 84611B2100EQ @ $45.00
- Storage Box - Console 84680B2000EQ @ 14.29
- Armrest Assembly - Console 84660B2000EQ @ 77.14 (This is the one with black stitching)

Shipping was $23.64 to OKC from Dearborn, MI (using FourGreen).

Grand total was $189.97 and arrived in three days.

The larger item was damaged (see attached pictures) but it would've been a pain to return and isn't really noticeable once installed.

The only things needed are a phillips screw driver, a 10mm socket with extension, some pliers and four screws. To remove the original console, do the following:

- Put it in neutral with the parking brake firmly up. Pop off the little trim piece under the base of the parking brake.
- Unscrew the shift knob and remove it along with the spring and plastic spacer thingy. You'll know it when you see it.
- Grab shift boot by the reverse lock out and just yank it upward. It pops right out.
- You'll see two screws. Remove them.
- Then grab the upper console trim piece (the one that is around the shifter and has the power, aux and USB ports). Pull it up and out but not super hard because it has wire harnesses attached. After you pop it out, disconnect the harnesses.
- Then go to the foot wells. Grab the triangle pieces at the lower corner toward the seat (not by the fire wall) and pull it out and back. You'll see that they are held on by sliding onto a white knob and then popping into the main console piece. Remove the screws they reveal (one on each size).
- Pop out the felt-like liner at the bottom of the big tray at the rear of the console and remove the two 10mm bolts.
- Remove the console.
- Assemble the four pieces of the new console. Be careful not to lose that little "E" clamp that keeps the armrest lift shaft in place. You pop it on with some pliers (I used needle nose). There's a really good picture earlier in this thread showing how to install the shaft and springs.
- You're going to need four screws to secure the storage bin to the main piece. The screws are fairly common in size. I just tried different ones until I found some that fit. Be careful not to get the ones going upwards too long, otherwise they may poke through.
- Then reverse the process. When installing the center two screws near the shifter, you may have to pull backward on the white plastic pieces that the screws go into.
- If you want a felt-like piece for the bottom of the new console, cram a piece of paper down there and push it hard and flat. Then take it out and trace the edges on another piece of paper. Do this over and over until you have a piece of paper that fits perfectly in the bottom of the bin. Then take that stencil and lay it on the piece removed from the original console. It'll fit. Then use a box cutter or exacto knife to cut the new liner. Be sure to put the right side up.

It's a pretty easy job. Having a new OEM console with an armrest is nice, although you're probably going to miss the coin tray from the old one. The aftermarket ones that go over the big tray and screws in the side is a viable alternative but the only ones I've found have the sliding rest and cost around $130.00 shipped. They look good but are shinier in color and smoother in texture than the rest of the console.

Hopefully this helps someone source the parts and/or complete the install. Thanks again to the OP and other contributors to this thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
Great write up RL! Thanks for sharing your efforts. The armrest along with cruise control really completes the "missing links" with the stick shift.

I thought I would miss the old console but, no, not at all. :)

Reactions: mlk337

·
Registered
324 Posts
- Cover Assembly - Console Rear 84670B2100EQ @ $29.90
- Console - Floor 84611B2100EQ @ $45.00
- Storage Box - Console 84680B2000EQ @ 14.29
- Armrest Assembly - Console 84660B2000EQ @ 77.14 (This is the one with black stitching)
So pricing has taken a turn... I just priced these same parts today from a few sites:

$35.80 - 84680B2000EQ STORAGE BOX-CON
$21.58 - 84670B2000EQ COVER ASSY-CONS
$94.40 - 84611B2100EQ CONSOLE-FLOOR
$118.94 - 84660B2000EQ ARMREST ASSY-CO

Grand Total: $270.72 (before tax and shipping)
https://screencast.com/t/LlgBiVqlnDl

·
Registered
324 Posts
...and then four green come in with:

$14.29 - 84680B2000EQ STORAGE BOX-CONSOLE
$9.43 - 84670B2100EQ COVER ASSEMBLY-CONSOLE REAR
$45.00 - 84611B2100EQ CONSOLE-FLOOR
$77.14 - 84660B2000EQ ARMREST ASSEMBLY-CONSOLE

Grand Total: $145.86

https://screencast.com/t/jpJ7VnNevH

Are we SURE this is still OEM Kia parts?

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
Hey Rozey, I got my parts at Kiapartsnow.com back in 2014 (same parts you're ordering). My total cost came to $272 delivered, so very close to your first estimate.

I wanted to use Four Green, BUT.....when all was said and done, their shipping cost (at least at the time) was astronomical. I ended up going with Kiapartsnow.com and yes, everything is 100% OEM. I'm at 4.5 years and it's still as beautiful and function as day one.

PS: I checked out Quirkparts.com and they were even pricier. Total for 4 parts is $340 plus shipping. Prices are all over the map.

https://www.quirkparts.com/oem-parts/kia-armrest-84660b2000eq

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yea shipping isn't cheap (thanks to size) but worked out to about $53 and I found a 10% Off coupon so total shipped came to $185. Which for OEM parts and everything isn't too bad.

Reactions: GeoSoul

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
That's a good price Rozey. When I did mine back in 2014 it was harder to get all 4 pieces from one place without waiting on some backorder crap. Gen2 being brand new, and only MTs not having armrests, demand was kinda low.

·
Registered
324 Posts
So I found a nice box on my front porch from FourGreen this morning!!!!

I sat down and drafted up my own install instructions, planned to get my cameras out and do some pics/video to add to this awesome thread...

...and the damn box only has the armrest inside along with a note about a free gift for being patient while the other items are backordered. And to boot, the box they shipped the armrest (size of a showbox) was big enough to ship about 10-12 of them....

wafcqiJm.jpg

·
Registered
7,617 Posts
So I found a nice box on my front porch from FourGreen this morning!!!!

I sat down and drafted up my own install instructions, planned to get my cameras out and do some pics/video to add to this awesome thread...

...and the damn box only has the armrest inside along with a note about a free gift for being patient while the other items are backordered. And to boot, the box they shipped the armrest (size of a showbox) was big enough to ship about 10-12 of them....

View attachment 117769
Sorry to hear that Rozey. It's giving me flashbacks. I wanted to get mine done, especially since the procedure pretty much renders the car undrivable until finished.

I discovered FOUR GREEN translated means BACK ORDER

101 - 120 of 146 Posts