Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I decided I was finally going to bite the bullet and install an armrest console into my new Soul. The hardest part of this upgrade was finding the parts I needed and getting them shipped in. Everything else was pretty simple. For in-depth instructions on removing the console and putting the new one in, be sure to visit the kiatechinfo site or send me a message. Otherwise I figured I would give you guys the part number needed and attach a few photos for your viewing pleasure.

So the parts needed for my interior (I think these are pretty standard for all base manual Souls) the part numbers needed are:

84660-B2000BRS - This is for the armrest lid. Note that this is for the red stitched lid that came in the Red Zone edition Souls.
84611-B2100EQ - This is for the main black plastic console with cup holders etc.
84680-B2000EQ - This is for the internal box inside the console storage.
84670-B2100EQ - This is for the new back plastic cover since the old one would be too short.

And that's it. Those four parts and you can easily convert from the non-armrest console to the armrest with storage console. All other parts can be salvaged from what you already have. I spent about $225 with shipping, but not too bad considering these are all Kia factory parts. Let me know what you guys think.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Car seat cover Car seat
Land vehicle Vehicle Car City car Honda fit
Vehicle Car Car seat Car seat cover Family car
Vehicle Car Family car Compact car Leather

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha... thanks Shaggy. Yeah I am in love with it too! I had been fighting urges to buy a new Soul for a few years and just could resist after I saw this interior. So happy to have a place to rest my arm now. Although I am sure they will release an accessory one-piece insert now that I have done this. LOL.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered my parts from kiapartsnow.com AND fourgreen.com. I was not able to find one seller that had everything i needed. I am really loving the armrest though. After having it for 2 weeks, I could never go back. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hmm, 225usd. Well i really do want that armrest. I guess the prices probably wont' go down on these so I'll just have to bite the bullet on this (hopefully) last mod. Or maybe see what ebay comes up with. I don't really need the armrest but would definitely like to have expanded space and a lid to go over that storage area.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah a lot of the cost is shipping as this stuff is all shipped out of Korea. There is a good chance Kia will eventually offer an insert that converts the cubby/tray style to the armrest style. They did for previous models of the Soul. But even that sold for a little over $100. I know you could probably find something on eBay that sits on top of the tray and screws into it to give you an armrest. But at this time there are only universal options. I was wanting something that looked a little more factory.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,948 Posts
Hey billaz, first it was cruise control, now this.......once again you ARE the man! Thank you for the research and doing the complete factory install of the armrest/console (pics look great). I'm on board to give it a try. I checked with kiapartsnow.com to see if I can get the white stitched version of the armrest. I think the part number ends in EQ instead of BSR. They aren't much help in giving detailed part descriptions.

If it's not a big hassle, would you mind posting the steps you took to remove & then replace the console/armrest? Your descriptions are better & easier to follow than the dry tech notes.

Much thanks!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey GeoSoul,

No problem. I will break the steps down. They may be a little rusty since I did it a few weeks ago, but it is pretty simple thanks to Kia's logical engineering.

Step 1: Remove the little flaps at the front of the console on the driver and passenger side footwells. You should be able to pull straight off to release the pressure clips that hold them in. Under those flaps, you will see the screws (I belive one on each side) that hold the front of the console base in.

Step 2: There are 2 bolts in the cubby dish that need to come out. They are below the felt material that lines the cubby.

Step 3: Remove the shifter knob by twisting counter clockwise. Careful not to lose the spring that controls the reverse lever. Then, you need to release the pressure clips that are holding in shifter tray. The whole thing pops up, then you can disconnect the wires running to the USB and cigarette lighter. Just be carefull not to marr the plastic when you are prying up.

Step 4: Remove the 2 screws that are exposed after removing the shifter tray/bezel.

Step 5: You should now be able to remove the old console and insert the new one. You can assemble all of the pieces from the new console prior to installing it in the car. You may need to run to Home Depot for a few extra screws for assembling the new console. Then just follow the steps in reverse order to put it all back together.

Let me know if you hit any snags or think of something I may have left out.

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
Thanks billaz for the step by step. I ordered the 4 parts last night, all from kiapartsnow. Ended up paying more than you did, about $274 delivered. Can't wait to do the install. I'll keep you posted.

Thank you again for the great help you have given. You rock!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha! No problem my friend. Yeah I saved a little I think by splitting the orders between Kiapartsnow and Fourgreen. I also ordered 2 of everything since my friend and I were both doing the armrest upgrade. Probably saved a little on shipping over all. Good luck with it. You won't regret it. Now that I have it, I don't know how I lived without mine!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am ALL OVER this one! The armrest was something I was missing, but the cruise control too?!?!? I'm searching your post history now LOL
Any chance that 84660B2000EGY could be grey stitching? I'm emailing Four Green now to see if they know.

I had to order the following from Four Green:
84660B2000EGY ARMREST ASSY-CONSOLE - $94.29
84611B2100EQ CONSOLE-FLOOR - $55.00
and that's before shipping.

I ordered the following from KiaPartsNow.com
84680B2000EQ STORAGE BOX-CON 32.05
84670B2100EQ COVER ASSY-CONS 18.53

I will be sure to post pictures of my install. I'm hoping EGY is grey or something. LOL
Now I'm off to find the Cruise Control. I can already get the homelink rearview mirror from the dealership for $275.

·
Registered
68 Posts
This order was Cancel by KiaPartsNow.com and marked as discontinued:

I guess I will be waiting for availability. At least my cruise control is on the way. :)

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
This order was Cancel by KiaPartsNow.com and marked as discontinued:

I guess I will be waiting for availability. At least my cruise control is on the way. :)
Hey thanks TSFR for the heads up on the parts availability problem at kiapartsnow.com. I just checked on my order, which I was hoping to get next week & they will not have all 4 pieces for the center console armrest in their warehouse until August 6th (est).

Good luck with your cruise control install. Just took a 200 mile trip with mine, mostly set at 65 & was so glad I have it!

UPDATE: kiapartsnow.com got all the parts in on 6/25, not in August like they had told me. Should have them in a couple days. Can't wait to get factory armrest installed. Thanks Bill for the step by step.

Reactions: TSFR

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just reordered my two pieces so wish me luck! My actual center console arrived from Korea today! That was pretty quick all things considered.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Any chance that 84660B2000EGY could be grey stitching?

I had to order the following from Four Green:
84660B2000EGY ARMREST ASSY-CONSOLE - $94.29
84611B2100EQ CONSOLE-FLOOR - $55.00
and that's before shipping.

I will be sure to post pictures of my install. I'm hoping EGY is grey or something. LOL
So.....EGY is NOT Grey Stitching, more like yellow stitching.

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
Hey TSFR, got my armrest yesterday from kiapartsnow.com. Part # 84660B2000EQ is black stitching.

Just wondering out loud here: do they even offer gray stitching? I notice in billaz photos that he has the two tone (black/gray) interior & there is no contrasting doubling stitching on the seats.

I mentioned this in a post before: these parts sites do not provide product images on their websites, which would make these kind of problems disappear. Very frustrating for customers.

It looks like fourgreens phone is 313.768.5682. Good luck buddy.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
Thanks GeoSoul! I just reordered the parts from Kiapartsnow.com and sadly again....voided meh order :-/

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Dude that is weird. When I ordered they emailed back a 6 week wait, then 2 days later it shipped. Not sure what the deal is with them?

Voiding the order is strange. With me they offered to "backorder" first unless I wanted them to void it.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts