Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

2014 Kia Soul Manual - Computer override

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  GeoSoul 
#1 ·
Hey Buds,

Anyone know of a service to change the computer settings.

the issue is that there is severe hesitation between shifting gears (Manual) only in 1-2 and 2-3 gears.
The dealership said it is to reduce stress on clutch.
Adds to my stress trying to pull-out on the roadway.

I know the "plug in HP Increasers" are BS.
I had a ford that a superchip was plugged into the computer module and that changed rev limitations, shift points and throttle body response.

It sems there are no sites out there that offer this, nor the computer module has a port for a chip overide.
I am hoping that there is a module and software that can help me out.

Thanks,

John O.

#4 ·
I've been driving stick shifts for over 50 years and this is the first car that I consistently stall on a hill. The brakes don't release when I lift my foot and I find myself trying to drive against them.

Yeah, and the stumble is very pronounced.

I appreciate that Kia is trying to look out for us but I'd rather be the one to drive my car and not some engineer sitting at his desk.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

#5 ·
It's not so much the brakes aren't releasing, it's the cars "hill holder" feature.

I did the same thing when I got mine too. I panicked and burned the clutch a little. Now I love having this feature. You just have to relax and realize the car won't roll back, which is what most stick shift drivers are used to.

Like you I've driven stick my whole life. Give the hill holder a chance & I bet you'll like it. It's not a necessity, but we get it whether we like it or not.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.