Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2014 base model automatic Kia Soul. When I plug my iphone 6 in with the apple phone cable and try to use my car to change the song, sometimes it doesn't work. When I use Bluetooth, it works just fine. The only reason I use the cord is because the sound is louder and clearer than Bluetooth. I don't know why this happens, and I was just wondering if anyone has had this problem, or knows how to solve it. Help? Please?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I own a 2014 base model automatic Kia Soul. When I plug my iphone 6 in with the apple phone cable and try to use my car to change the song, sometimes it doesn't work. When I use Bluetooth, it works just fine. The only reason I use the cord is because the sound is louder and clearer than Bluetooth. I don't know why this happens, and I was just wondering if anyone has had this problem, or knows how to solve it. Help? Please?
On the 2010 and 2011 models, you have to have a specific cable sold by your dealership. The cable has a USB and audio jack built into it. Both have to be plugged in at the same time. You can't use the iPhone charging cable. Not sure if it's the same on your model or not.

·
Registered
203 Posts
The 2014's can use Apple's cable. I find iPod mode to be a bit wonky on mine. Steering wheel controls are not reliable and it doesn't always restart the music after a call is done. Bluetooth works flawlessly.

I have mostly blamed it on the fact that I'm using a cheap no name cable and not an Apple brand expensive cord.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts