Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am disabled so it is very difficult for me to get into the backseat on my knees and measure from the back seat to the hatch door. I have searched the internet in vain for this last measurement. What I am wanting to place in this back cargo area is a foldable, motorized wheelchair. It measures:
Folded Length: 24.4”
Folded Height:13.2
Folded Width: 29.1
I’m wanting to make sure it will fit with the seats up and the hatchback closed. Maybe some of you youngins would get in the backseat and measure to see if it would fit. Thanks!

P.S. Per usual, the measurements in the literature don’t match the ones in the diagram. This is a mail order item so I can’t go in the store to measure them myself and customer service has not been really responsive.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Camera accessory Rolling

·
Registered
2012+ 2.0L W/Manual trans.
692 Posts
That chair is an amazing packaging job.
I'm driving a 2012 SOUL but I'm gonna say it will fit based on the dimensions of my car. You'll have to remove the shelf though.
Somebody with a matching model to yours will have to confirm.

·
Registered
2014 KIA SOUL Plus
172 Posts
I have a GEN 2, 2014 Soul.
24 inches on floor of cargo trunk from back seat. (Center of floor) But because the rear seat slants back somewhat,
17 inches from top of rear seat back to hatch. (Under cargo cover) Also, it is 24 inches in the center, both sides curve in, so both ends are less than 24 inches. I would buy the chair, and if it does not fit, return it, saying it does not fit. It is hard to tell because of the strange shape. I hope it fits for you.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,988 Posts
Remember if you remove the underfloor styro caddy & set the floor to the lower level, it opens up a great deal more space and allows for taller items to fit. This chair folded up should easily fit.

Reactions: Aimee

·
Registered
2014 1.6l manual
317 Posts
...and measure from the back seat to the hatch door. I have searched the internet in vain for this last measurement....
Measuring horizontally from the top backside edge of the rear seats to the plastic trim cover on the inside of the rear hatch on my 2014 (Note: the hatch/interior trim cover is curved thus the distance to the back of the rear seats is not constant):

15¼ inches at the outer edge of the hatch

16¼ inches at approximately halfway between the outer edge and the center of the hatch

16¾ inches at the center of the hatch

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much, everyone! You’ve given me the exact (or close enough) measurements that I need. I guess that’s why I could never find them on Kia sites — they are so variable with the curves and slants. I’m just hoping I don’t break anything trying to close the hatchback! Thank you all again!

• Love
Reactions: GeoSoul
1 - 6 of 6 Posts