Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I am looking to understand where I should start troubleshooting.
The problem is my 2014 Kia Soul driver door does not activate the dome lights. All other doors will activate the dome lights.

When I looked I couldn't find a door button like I have seen on other cars. This was my first thought. Second was a fuse, but it seemed strange since it is only the one door.

Any suggestions on what to check next?

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
The door latch has a sensor for the dome light, no button switch as of old. Latch will probably need to be replaced to cure the issue.

Pat.

·
Registered
2014 Soul+ Bright Silver (Sterling Soul)
521 Posts
The door latch has a sensor for the dome light, no button switch as of old. Latch will probably need to be replaced to cure the issue.

Pat.

I wonder if a little WD-40 on that latch would "loosen" the switch if it's getting stuck? 🤔
I don't have a diagram of it in front of me so I'm just spitballing here, but that's what I'd try before resorting to a replacement.

Reactions: GeoSoul

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had just the opposite happen; the dome light would not turn off. The switch is integrated into the door latch. I spayed some thin spray oil in the latch. It took a week or two, but the switch started working again. Several months later it is still fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts