Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this before and with the hot weather all was good. Last year I took the car in for the cat recall and they did updates. When you started the car after it sat overnight the idle would go up to almost 3000 rpm's. Never did it before till the update was done. During the hot summer now it was fine, rpm's went to 2000. Now the last 2 mornings have been around 45 degrees and yes, back up to 3000 rpm's. I notified Kia last year and they had no help and dealer is pretty much useless. Dealer told me Kia has a high idle problem and can't figure it out. Kia says they are unaware. Well back to calling Kia next week. Thanks ahead if anyone has any ideas or thoughts.

·
Registered
113 Posts
How long does it idle that high? Does it do it when restarting it when the engine is warm?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Did you ask Google Search?

·
Registered
2014 Soul+ Bright Silver (Sterling Soul)
779 Posts
Woops, wrong thread. Sorry.

If you post replies by clicking the Reply link underneath each thread we can more easily follow who you're replying to (as I did here) plus you'll get another chance to review the other person's quote. This has saved my bacon a few times myself since my web browser usually has dozens of tabs open of forum threads as I'm reading them, making it way too easy to reply to the wrong thread. 😉

1 - 6 of 6 Posts