Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
19K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  GeoSoul 
#1 ·
Hello,

I to have the flashing on and off of the headlights. It happens when i use the turn signals also. I also know have the dash lights dim when I turn on my lights. The lights around the radio will flash intermittently. I believe this all has to do with the headlight switch. I was in having my oil changed two weeks ago when I over heard one of the office managers telling their service people about a directive they just received from corporate about a headlight switch problem for the 2014 kia soul. They told me I should receive something in the mail from Kia, which I haven't probably because I bought my car used from the dealer. People with this problem need to push the dealer or call corporate. I might be lucky only because I was their and over heard them talking and pointed it out to the service member I was working with. I still need to go back and see if they are going to help me fix the problem

#2 ·
Howdy and welcome to the forums!

#3 · (Edited)
Thanks for sharing that information BLUEMAVIS.

I checked and found the TSB you're talking about. Looks like it just came out in Sept, so it's pretty new, #152

Text Font
Text Font
Text Font Line Yellow Parallel

#4 ·
Bluemavis, do you have the AUTO function on your headlight switch?

I'm wondering if this more affects stalks with working auto headlight feature, or basically all of them.

Thanks.

#7 · (Edited)
#12 ·
Threads merged.....

Reactions: GeoSoul
#9 · (Edited)
#11 ·
Got mine last month....I guess I'll take it in? I haven't had this problem though. Come to think of it, I have had no problems....yet....hopefully won't anytime soon. 81k miles and runs like the day I bought it.

#13 ·
Thanks Buzz!

Reactions: Buzz
#15 ·
I have the same exact problem: what was the outcome of your visit. ? I am scheduled to have 2014 KIA Soul checked out this November 7, 2021. KIA service treats you like you are trying to get over on them. I called them for assistance, not to be verbally antagonize merely because I am requesting service. This is a serious safety issue. I go to work at 5:45 am and its dark not to mention how this must affect cars traveling in the opposite direction when my lights decide to flicker on and off possibly blinding an oncoming vehicle. God forbid something happens. I know good Jewish lawyers. I am in law enforcement. I have documented my entire interaction with them. Today is September 30, To make me continue to drive my vehicle in the dark knowing my lights are intermittently failing by turning on and off in the dark as well as my turn signal failing is a recipe for disaster. Yet they have an extremely cavalier attitude about it. Maybe I should rent a car. and sue them because I cannot drive an unsafe vehicle in the dark and wait till November 7 in the hopes nothing happens. Maybe I will contact the Attorney Generals office on this matter. I physically went to Balise KiA to see if this matter could be expedited. They claim they are backup. However, I am not asking for a Tune up, Brake Job or Oil Change. this is a serious safety issue that needs tobe addressed immediately. Quite frankly, this should be a voluntary safety recall on all 2014 KIA souls. This is also a serious potential liability to KIA. The sad part is. I really like KIA productsand they are making serious inroads into the auto industry . Why begin to damage their credibility with such a petty issue as far as reparation is concerned. Be the quality company you claim to be in your advertisement. This is a serious safety Issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.