Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

2014 headlight flickering warranty

15K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  BartaBingBartaBoom 
#1 ·
Received a note from KIA yesterday about extending the headlight warranty for their 2014 souls for "flickering headlights". 15 years of coverage offered should your headlights flicker. I'm a little surprised KIA isn't simply handling this as a recall given that headlights are kind of a critical component for safety.

Some folks report that their headlights flicker and then die altogether.

Greg

#2 ·
#4 ·
Received a note from KIA yesterday about extending the headlight warranty for their 2014 souls for "flickering headlights". 15 years of coverage offered should your headlights flicker. I'm a little surprised KIA isn't simply handling this as a recall given that headlights are kind of a critical component for safety.

Some folks report that their headlights flicker and then die altogether.

Greg
Greg: Mine flickered but last week on a dark, foggy rainy morning road. They were flickering than they went completely out and for a couple of seconds then came back on. Thank God there was no oncoming traffic at that moment. Because it could have blinded an oncoming vehicle when they suddenly came back on. I went to KIA. for service. on September 29, 2021they gave me a hard time and told me to come back On November 7, 2021

#6 ·
So what are our options? My 2014 Kia Soul 98k recently headlights starting going off and stay off for a good while. Scary! Is Kia flinging something about this? There will be a hefty lawsuit if unfortunately someone get seriously injured or dies! My Kia is useless if I can’t drive with lights on. Need help

#7 ·
contact your nearest kia service center schedule a service appointment will diagnose and troubleshoot. if it is the switch and most probably is. they will replace for free . it is not a recall however in view of this common problem they have extended the warranty on the Turn signal light switch. for more info look at other bloggers with the same problem . My appointment is cheduled for November 7 20201

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.