Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally gotten HID's in the Halogen Projectors of the Exclaim. :applause: Now on to the Specifics. You can buy any HID Kit you would like, H7 is what 2014 Exclaims use for a halogen bulb, as you can see below the Stock connector turns the h7 bulb into a twist lock style. I purchased my low beam and fog light kit from DDM Tuning. I did this because I am in Southern California at least once a month for work, DDM Tuning has a lifetime warranty, and with 4 CA stores if I have problems I can always stop in and get something replaced if necessary. My kit is 4500K on the color spectrum with 35W AC Slim Ballasts a 55W ballast will give more light but bulbs and ballasts will last half as long, hence i chose the 35W Kit. My Modifications I had to make were to the bulb holders, I placed the bulb in the holder, secured it with electrical tape across the top and the wrapped the holder with electrical tape 3 layers thick. I do not have any pictures of this because I don't want to jinx my install. I was able to install bulbs with out removing the bumper cover or lights them selves. The fog lights were easier than the low beams although to make mounting Ballasts easier I would recommend the .6 meter amp extensions from DDM Tuning.

Breakdown for Total Cost
H7 Kit 30 Bucks
H8 Kit 30 Bucks
Bulb Holders 8.99
Amp Extensions ( I Reccomend although I did not get, will get in a few weeks.) 9.99
2 Relay Kits 20 bucks
3 Diet Mountain Dews +/- 6 bucks
Total 104.98 excluding my labor.

stock.jpg <---Stock Halogen Connector.
diy.jpg <---Modification of Stock Bulb Socket, not good...once you go HID with this mod you can never go back to Halogen bulbs.
bulbholders.jpg <---Bulb Holders, These are the same bulb holders I ordered off ebay. you can search Kia HID Bulb Holder and you can get a range of prices from 8.99 to 12.99 with free shipping

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
IMG_0395.jpg <--- Bulb in Housing displaying true white, no yellow or blue
IMG_0405.jpg <--- Low Beams only
IMG_0396.jpg <--- Low Beams and Fog Lights on
IMG_0402.jpg <---Light Pattern Low Beams Only, Notice the Ground Wire Shadow?
IMG_0398.jpg <---Light Pattern Low Beams and Fogs On, Ground Wire Sill Present but not Bad.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know this is an old post, but do you have pics of how you taped the bulb holders? I'm looking to do this upgrade to my 2016. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts