Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

2014 - 2016 add heated / signal mirrors

11K views 34 replies 13 participants last post by  majicamesa 
#1 ·
Great news everyone! for $150 you can add defrost / signal repeater mirrors to your Base Soul, I paid $150 for the pair and swapping only took about 20 minutes. Of course they came with black caps, which blends in decently & didn't bug me enough to track down or pay for silver caps. Below are photos of the job....its just take off / put on...the car is already wired up to accept them. You will need 10mm socket, #2 philips head screwdriver, thin regular screwdriver or butterknife to pry open the interior cover.

https://www.1aauto.com/2014-16-kia-soul-mirror-pair/i/1amrp01871?f=1119020&y=2016

Vehicle door Automotive exterior Windshield Auto part Vehicle
Vehicle door Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Wheel
Headlamp Technology Plastic bag Auto part Transparency
Vehicle Vehicle door Car Bumper Tire
Technology Electronic device Auto part

See less See more
#4 ·
Looks great James! This is a great upgrade for some basers who don't have it.

I think the wiring was the big concern. Now you've proven it's already there. Brilliant!

#9 ·
How many total wires you have coming out of that door connector?
If you blow up his picture, you can see that (unlike yours) he has two rows, and 2 green wires (can't see other wires on the lower row, but there may be more). I'd leap at this if it works, but gonna wait for warmer weather to see how many wires my 2015 has. I hate working on the car when it's 7F.

#8 ·
Hey Hawg, right above the photos in the original post is a link to where he got them. 1Aauto something or other.

Good luck!

Reactions: Hawg
#10 · (Edited)
I was sure that all the cars made in the same year have the same harness. That was the case with my Sonata mirrors too!
Attached is the diagram that I have for the 2015 Soul that shows all the circuits for heating and power mirrors. It shows 8 wires and defogger uses pins 4 and 5 (marked in the pic posted above).

#19 · (Edited)
Hey phunky, are you asking about how to turn the defrost heaters on the mirrors? The switch is just the defrost button (same one that turns the rear window element on). It serves dual purpose.

Should just be plug n play.

#23 ·
Ohhhh awesome. No extra wires or switches to run. I've never used the feature since I never bothered to drive any trims where stick wasn't available, so I didn't know. Thanks!
Mine just arrived. They look great. They have a shiny black plastic look as opposed to painted, but I'm pleased. Going to install them on Sunday or Monday as it's going to be close to 50 degrees here.
Will post pics then.
I'm in north Texas, so I'd mostly be doing it for the side turn signals and not the defrost- but it would help since the two weeks of winter we get here (although 2 months now) always frost up the mirrors. I wonder if blind spot detection is this easy to add?

#21 ·
Congrats soyo. I have to admit I am surprised signal heated mirrors aren't standard on a +

#33 ·
Those black mirrors look pretty good unpainted, as is. Especially on the red, white, silver & titanium Souls :)

#35 ·
Great news everyone! for $150 you can add defrost / signal repeater mirrors to your Base Soul, I paid $150 for the pair and swapping only took about 20 minutes. Of course they came with black caps, which blends in decently & didn't bug me enough to track down or pay for silver caps. Below are photos of the job....its just take off / put on...the car is already wired up to accept them. You will need 10mm socket, #2 philips head screwdriver, thin regular screwdriver or butterknife to pry open the interior cover.

https://www.1aauto.com/2014-16-kia-soul-mirror-pair/i/1amrp01871?f=1119020&y=2016

View attachment 111929 View attachment 111937 View attachment 111945 View attachment 111953 View attachment 111961
Thanks for Sharing this With Us... On my first Gen 2 Soul, we added the repeater lights to the Side Fenders by splicing into the turn signal on the headlight. Never New the Soul was Pre-wired for the repeater light on the Mirror. :)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.