Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed yesterday that my "new to me" 2013 doesn't have a sunglass holder. While I could just use a case, and put them in the center console, it is much more convenient to have one handed quick access to get to them.

My Spectra had a holder in the headliner, and the wife 2011 has the compartment.

I was thinking of a way to fabracate something in the glove ox, but then came across this on Amazon:

Amazon.com: Kia Motors Front Drive Sunglasses Case For 2010 2011 2012 2013 Kia Soul: Automotive

Reviews appear to be ok, and while the description sucks, it appears that it replaces the "oh crap" handle on the drivers side.

Anyone have any experience with this, or created something else to work?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey everyone... I went ahead and ordered one as it was not overly expensive... However it is coming from Korea so it will be 2 or 3 weeks before it comes in.

I will update once I get it incase anyone is interested.... :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hopefully it works out well. I don't think I've ever actually touched the Holy Sh*t Handle in my car lol. But I am the one driving, I bet the passenger one has been used quite a bit haha.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully it works out well. I don't think I've ever actually touched the Holy Sh*t Handle in my car lol. But I am the one driving, I bet the passenger one has been used quite a bit haha.
That was my thought... if I am taking a turn that fast, I have the wheel to hang onto... :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
I put one of those in my GTI and I've missed it ever since. Now I can use my center sunglasses holder for other things. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So I got the sun glass holder in this weekend. It was really easy to install. The hardest parts were getting the flip cover off the current handle (stabbed my finger nail), and then getting the new glass holder in its spot.

The glass holder is a snug fit (spaced a tiny bit further) in the current space for the screws, and you have to be a little forceful at first to get the screws to "bite" on the threads, once they are in it took a while to get them tight, but there is no rattle and they hold my glasses perfectly.

I would prefer a little better padding to not scratch my lenses so I may look for something on that, but otherwise it works well.

Just so you know the holder inst that large. It holds my Maui Jims just fine, but if you have large lens glasses like the cop Ray Bans, or if they are too bulky then they may not fit.

20141122_145206.jpg 20141122_145500.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
So I got the sun glass holder in this weekend. It was really easy to install. The hardest parts were getting the flip cover off the current handle (stabbed my finger nail), and then getting the new glass holder in its spot.

The glass holder is a snug fit (spaced a tiny bit further) in the current space for the screws, and you have to be a little forceful at first to get the screws to "bite" on the threads, once they are in it took a while to get them tight, but there is no rattle and they hold my glasses perfectly.

I would prefer a little better padding to not scratch my lenses so I may look for something on that, but otherwise it works well.

Just so you know the holder inst that large. It holds my Maui Jims just fine, but if you have large lens glasses like the cop Ray Bans, or if they are too bulky then they may not fit.

View attachment 51401 View attachment 51409
Looks good!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
could you take a photo a little further out so I can get a better idea of how it looks? I think I might get one of these also because they look to be really nice!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
could you take a photo a little further out so I can get a better idea of how it looks? I think I might get one of these also because they look to be really nice!
I will try and get that up in the next day. I work until late in the evening so its too dark to get a photo when I get home. I do get out early tomorrow though and it should be daylight :)

Thanks..

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I apologize for the delay in getting the photo up. The combo of work before the holiday and then the holiday caused me to lose track of time.

Let me know if this photo is what you are looking for:
looks great but I didn't know an ! came w/o a sunglass holder . Had 2 s.e. s (plus models) and now an exclaim and they all had one overhead .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts