Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

Two days ago I bought a new 2013 Soul 2u 2 litre and love it.
I bought it without the Eco option, or so I thought - not particularly crazy about it either way.
When I arrived home I pressed the Eco button and a green light appeared on the dash.
Silly question maybe, but do I have the Eco or not, and how can I tell?

Thanks,

Proud Soul owner

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
welcome to the forum, good to have another Canadian onboard. You have ACTIVE ECO not the ECO option which if you have it would shut off the engine when you stop. ACTIVE ECO is standard with all automatic transmissions, but you can turn it off and off as you wish. I have it but don't find in my case it helps much, prefer the better performance (it tweaks the transmission and engine settings for maximum economy but it will feel more sluggish is some cases)

TIP: please fill out your DRIVES profile with 2013 Soul 2u 2L AT which will be a big help in future conversations - thanks:D

·
Registered
966 Posts
Welcome to the forums, and hi from San Francisco Bay!

I thought that ECO thing was standard on all Souls, not an option. But I have a 2012 and I'm in the States, but I don't know bout outside USA.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
Welcome to the forums, and hi from San Francisco Bay!

I thought that ECO thing was standard on all Souls, not an option. But I have a 2012 and I'm in the States, but I don't know bout outside USA.
ACTIVE ECO is standard on all automatic transmissions on all Soul's sold in North America. ECO package with ISG (Idle stop and Go) is an optional package on the Canadian 2u model and in the US the Soul+ - no other models.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts