Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 2013 Exclaim and noticed on the window sticker I paid $125 for a "cargo cover". I looked at the part number on my bag and it matches what is on Kia's accessory web page at $60. Why the price difference? There is nothing installed other than someone at the factory throwing the bag in the trunk.

·
Premium Member
2015 Kia Soul + / Bright Silver / 2.0L (GDI) 4-Cyl Engine 6-Speed Automatic Trans
3,015 Posts
They always pad the window sticker a little. That way when you negotiate the price down you feel you get a deal and they still make a profit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I called Kia customer assistance to question them about the charge they said I had to contact the dealer about it. I really dont wany anything to do with the dealer. This was one of those dealers that add's a bunch of stuff that you don't really want. One of the the items being "market adjustment", mud flaps, door guards and pinstriping (never installed) all for an additional $5k. Then imagine my surprise after I get home and find they don't put spare tires in anymore. Only reason I bought the Soul from there was because Exclaims with the Preimum Package are hard to find.

·
Registered
456 Posts
That's just what dealers do. They take the cars then load them up with extras and over charge for them.

When I got mine I told them I wanted nothing over the standard Exclaim /w Premium package.

No stripes, No mud flaps Not even a dealer sticker or plate. Even told them if they drilled the front bumper with a license plate I would refuse the car.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Kia adds the "legitimate" options when the vehicles are prepped for delivery after they come off the ship from Korea. These include cargo covers, floor mats, bumper appliques, spoilers, etc. You should be able to find the Invoice price for these through any of the usual car shopping sites (Edmunds, cars.com, etc.). The dealer has no say in which ones are included - they are at the mercy of Kia.

Regarding pin striping, paint protection, snake oil, etc. - those are pure profit drivers for the dealership.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Well, if you bought it in Florida....you probably paid the $599.00 or 699.00 OR $799.00 FAMOUS Florida added " DEALER FEE" unless you you purchased it at Hollywood KIA??????????? What dealer did you buy from and what was the "DEALER FEE" which is PURE PROFIT!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bought it in Fla and I paid those fee's and a lot more cause it is a lease. My paper work is so confusing I am not sure what I paid. There are several prices on different papers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts