Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2013 Kia soul base for my son and wanted to upgrade the receiver so we can add a back up camera. However, I am wanting it to have android auto and CarPlay. From what I am reading I at least have to find a 7 inch screen display dual din for those features but I thought that the 2013 can only go up to a 6.2 inch display. Does anyone know if that’s true or can I have a 7 in installed?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Screen size is really irrelevant for aftermarket. The key is purchasing a double-din head unit. Then you will need the aftermarket dash kit and harness adapters to properly install the new deck.

I recently installed the MVH-1400NEX by Pioneer and really like it. Unfortunately, it does not have Android Auto, only Apple Carplay. So for your needs, you may want to go for something like the Alpine ILX-W650. It has a 7" touch screen that it capacitive touch (similar to a smart phone), is decently priced, and includes the features you are looking for.

You can check it out on crutchfield.com where you can also learn what harnesses are needed for your vehicle. Be sure to cross reference with Amazon as they may have better pricing.

I would recommend buying a harness that retains the steering wheel audio controls. I did this on my 2011 Soul and it really made the interface so much classier. They are a little more expensive ($50~) but really provide a nice interface for volume, mode, and voice controls.

Bill

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Screen size is really irrelevant for aftermarket. The key is purchasing a double-din head unit. Then you will need the aftermarket dash kit and harness adapters to properly install the new deck.

I recently installed the MVH-1400NEX by Pioneer and really like it. Unfortunately, it does not have Android Auto, only Apple Carplay. So for your needs, you may want to go for something like the Alpine ILX-W650. It has a 7" touch screen that it capacitive touch (similar to a smart phone), is decently priced, and includes the features you are looking for.

You can check it out on crutchfield.com where you can also learn what harnesses are needed for your vehicle. Be sure to cross reference with Amazon as they may have better pricing.

I would recommend buying a harness that retains the steering wheel audio controls. I did this on my 2011 Soul and it really made the interface so much classier. They are a little more expensive ($50~) but really provide a nice interface for volume, mode, and voice controls.

Bill
Bill thank you so much!! This really helps!!

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
669 Posts
Reactions: Buzz

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,004 Posts
I have this unit which has Android Auto & Apple CarPlay. Kenwood DMX7705S AM/FM Receiver with Android Auto & Apple CarPlay, Kenwood Weblink & Backup Cam. Got it at Crutchfield.com....lots of choices with great customer service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts