Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simply put, I can not get these damn things to twist and come out. Has anybody had any luck with the low beams on a 2012-2013? I am having trouble getting the bulbs themselves out, not the waterproof cover. I used the search feature and couldn't find anyone with the same issue. Thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hope you find out because I'm sure I'll be looking for the same information when MY bulbs come in from what I hear they H11s are held in by a screw let me know if you find out please.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK. I figured it out, but I dont have any real tricks to help you. Let me tell you what I do know:

- High beam bulbs are H7
- Low beam bulbs are H11b (That b is important)
- The low beams are a bitch to remove (twist out)
- They are installed/uninstalled by twisting the bulb (no wire to hold it in place like the high beams)
- The Bulbs are in terribly tight and are very tough to turn (counterclockwise)
- The passenger side is easier to remove, you can use a screwdriver to apply force to the bottom portion of the bulbs tab.
- For the driver's side, you can use a similar approach by using the screwdriver to push on the top of the bulbs tab.
- Remove the cover to the fusebox for more room with the driver's side.

Hope this helps. Here is a link to the gallery of pictures: Kia Soul 2013 Headlight Bulb location - Imgur

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,639 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the great photos. I can't even FIND the H11-bravo bubbs so you're way ahead.

So, would this conversion from H11b to H11 work?:

H11B to H11 bulb Conversion Harnesses (2 harnesses)

Sites:

Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

H11b Bulb,Buy Quality H11b Bulb from Manufacturers and Suppliers on Alibaba.com

And something from Rondo Forums:

H11B to H9 Headlight bulb upgrade - Kia Forum

I'm not sure about any conversion attempts. I bought my bulbs here. They are slightly brighter and quite a bit whiter than the stock bulbs. Here is a quick video of the difference between the two bulbs: http://youtu.be/D67tVS7vd64

·
Registered
928 Posts
H11 bulbs can NOT be used in place of the H11b bulbs. Period. You can find H11b bulbs available all day long on ebay, which is where I purchased my 5000k xenon's. And there is no screw holding them in, either.

Reactions: immski

·
Registered
60 Posts
Oh I found it much easier to remove the entire headlight assemblies one at a time and use long sturdy needle nose pliers to help gently twist the H11Bs out There simply isn't enough room to do it in the car and I got lots of time and not enough money to replace a broken $500+ headlight assembly if I try to do it in the car.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The bulbs I replaced are halogens. I figured out how to do it, but randy0909 is right, there is not much room in the car to do it at all. I was able to do it, however, it is probably easier to just remove the entire assembly.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wow - SO glad I found this thread by searching. Driver's side low beam is out, got replacement bulbs (H11b) with no issues at my local auto parts store, but couldn't figure out how to remove the dead bulb. These photos help so much....

Just one more question - is there a clip that must be removed before twisting the bulb out? Seems like I saw something metallic on that plastic tab while peering in there last night....

TIA for any assistance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts